• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Fort Frederick 18th C Market Fair, MD, April 21-24, 2022

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
After a two-year break, Fort Frederick will hold the annual 18th Century Market Fair April 21-24. Campers should pre-register by printing out the application and postmarking by March 15. If you don't pre-register the camper cost is higher at the gate during the event.

There are over 80 sutlers registered so far. This is a juried event for sutlers, and all campers must be in proper period attire and use shelters and equipment appropriate to eastern North America between 1730 and 1790. Fringed buckskin or rendezvous attire is not acceptable, and participants are expected to remain in period dress during the entire event.

It is also open all 4 days to the public. Registration forms are online.
https://friendsoffortfrederick.info/market_fair.html

After a two-year break, Fort Frederick will hold the annual 18th Century Market Fair April 21-24. Campers should pre-register by printing out the application and postmarking by March 15. If you don't pre-register the camper cost is higher at the gate during the event.

There are over 80 sutlers registered so far. This is a juried event for sutlers, and all campers must be in proper period attire and use shelters and equipment appropriate to eastern North America between 1730 and 1790. Fringed buckskin or rendezvous attire is not acceptable, and participants are expected to remain in period dress during the entire event.

It is also open all 4 days to the public. Registration forms are online.
https://friendsoffortfrederick.info/market_fair.html

JOHN!

Nice to hear from you!
I'm Going, and hope to see you and yours, there!

LD

FOOTBALL REF.JPG

JUST to let everybody know, I will be offline from Wednesday April 20th thru Sunday April 24th, as I will be up at this event, the Fort Frederick Market Fair. I like to mark my campsite with a flag of Saint David (God Save Wales) , so IF anybody visiting wants to stop by, there normally is coffee on. IF I'm not in camp, I will be trying to sell my dipped candles up in the Sutler Area (that is if the Maryland Comptroller's Office gets my short term Tax number issued in time ). So If you see a guy walking around with a rack of dipped candles, or other items, that will likely be me. (IF they don't issue my number in time, I will blanket trade at my tent...I hope)

Flag of Saint David
FLAG OF SAINT DAVID.JPG

SO the point of the post is come say hi, and for those not going, you guys take it easy on the remaining moderators, as Nit Wit is going too, so two of us will be away from the computer for a while.

LD

Last edited:
Will not be able to camp this year, wife has to many medicial problems and I do not feel right going without her, but will try to do a day trip and check out the blanket traders and see what is new with the suttlers, if I can locate you will stop bye for a chat, I like my coffee strong and black.

I was hoping to camp this year, a lot closer than Columbus OH, but alas, life happens, so I will day trip it and hope to meet a lot of old friends and make new.

Our camp is usually just across from Loyalist Dave's camp. We fly a French white flag with multi gold Fleur de Lis. If you stop by, ask for John. I'm usually busy Friday collecting sutler donations for the Saturday Auction. And busy again with the auction Saturday afternoon. Kristen will be camping with us. She's the glassblower who sells period correct bottles, tumblers, wine glasses, firing glasses, &c, &c.

Watching weather channel right now... it's snowing at Fort Frederick!

Yes about 2 in. on the ground and coming down hard. Do you fellas camp near the fort entrance. I usually camp with a group we set camp near the store right off the parking loop. But as I said it will be a day trip for me this year.

I know that spot, right around where Stan and Conny would camp. (sadly Stan passed about 2 years ago) We usually set up on the field road that heads west down the hill, straight across from the CCC building (where the auction is held.) Just down from Danny Eisenhower.

Latest posts

Back