• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Ft. Frederick Market Fair

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ray-Vigo

Yankee
Reaction score
We're just about 1 month away from one of the best events of the year - the Colonial Market Fair at Ft. Frederick in Maryland.

http://www.friendsoffortfrederick.info/market_fair.htm

The 23rd Annual
18th CENTURY MARKET FAIR
will be held
APRIL 27 - 30, 2017

The staff of Fort Frederick State Park and the Friends of Fort Frederick are pleased to announce that we will host the annual 18th Century Market Fair April 27 - 30, 2017.

The fair represents eastern North America from 1730 through 1790. The Fair is open to sutlers, traders, street vendors and entertainers as well as individuals, groups, military units and American Indians portraying the appropriate time period and geographic area.

The Fair is open to the public Thursday April 27 ”“ Sunday April 30. Public hours are:
9:00 am ”“ 5:00 pm Thursday through Saturday
9:00 am ”“ 3:00 pm on Sunday

Public admission charge: Adults $5.00, Ages 6 to 12 $2.00 and ages 5 and under are free. Four day passes are available ”“ contact the Park Visitor Center at 301-842-2155 for information.

Mrs Coot & I are regulars at this great event. Any Forum members are welcome to sit & chat at the 'Sign of the Blue Cat'. (Our tent has a blue cat on top the center pole). Hope to see you there.

Looking forward to meeting a few of you folks. I'm unsure whether I'll be in period dress and kit or not, but I'm leaning that way.

How is it the 18th annual Market Fair. I know I attended back around 1996 and 1997, that should be in the 20's.

Nit Wit said:
I'm headed down from Maine!Ask for Nit Wit.
Hope to meet you.
Nit Wit

Be glad to meet you. Mrs Coot & I should be facing the side "street" that runs up along the fort wall with the rear of our tent towards the wall. Our tent has a blue cat sign on top. Fort Fred is always a fun event.

I CAN'T WAIT! :grin:

I'm usually across the street [West] from the intersection of the asphalt road leading to the Potomac River, and the asphalt road that goes to the front gate of the fort.

I normally fly a black flag with yellow cross, flag of St. David, to mark my camp.

I hope to be street vending trade knives, and dipped beeswax candles, from my wooden hand-truck up in the sutler area, as well as some second hand stuff...., so IF I'm not in may camp to give ya a cup of coffee, I'm probably up with the sutlers...

LD

Less than a week away for those camping out - one week or so for guests. Hopefully the weather is better than this weekend is (first rain-out weekend in awhile here in MD/VA). But hopefully we'll have better weather next weekend. The Mrs is still looking for a small, lefty/double smoothbore shotgun or fowler. Maybe we'll luck out.

Looks like Friday will be a bit warm in the 80s, Saturday cloudier and a tad cooler

I'll be camping with the Augusta County Militia, Capt Kraus' Company.

Safe travels, everyone. Looking forward to seeing many of you.

Well, Mrs Coot & our daughter will be there but I will be at home. Was in an accident & left hand is in a cast & am otherwise banged up but nothing that isn't healing. Sorry to miss one of the best events of the year & meeting some MLF members. :(

Really good turn out yesterday - by the afternoon, the cars were parked way up the access road because the lots were full. It was a summer-like day, which probably helped the turn out. I located a musket case that I needed for a trade gun, so came away with something. Great event to visit.

Coot, I passed on my salutations to Mrs. Coot and your daughter. Hope you're doing well.

Nit Wit - Great meeting you!

Loyalists Dave - Same to you buddy! Next year crank some rounds off with us border ruffians, yeah? Haha.

Pretty awesome for a first major event. Good stuff, even with the thunderstorms.

SgtErv:
It was great meeting you and LD.It was more than worth the trip down from Maine. My face hurts from smiling so much. Hope you fellas get to Maine, I'll take care of you.
Nit Wit

Latest posts

Back