• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Front sight

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a lot of squirrels in my yard where I can't shoot them. If I did, I'd use both sights, though. They're small and tasty. I like them par-boiled and then fried.

Yesterday I saw what I think is an albino squirrel...a blond. Very unusual.

Gene L said:
Got a lot of squirrels in my yard where I can't shoot them. If I did, I'd use both sights, though. They're small and tasty. I like them par-boiled and then fried.

Yesterday I saw what I think is an albino squirrel...a blond. Very unusual.

Steel, aluminum, or brass? How long do you par boil them? Bet the steel ones would take more boiling beforehand :rotf:

Actually the rear sight is just as important as the front for consistent accuracy especially in the vertical.
Consistent Cheek weld will get you some accuracy but not as precise as a properly used rear sight.
In pistol shooting the rear sight is arguably more important than the front as the focus is suppose to be on sight alignment with each other and the target a blur in the back ground. The front sight cannot reach it's full potential to align he bore with the bull unless the rear sight defines and focuses it's location on the target.
This concept is a real struggle for me as my eyes are still good enough to get a fair focus on all three.
I do need to start working on more rear-front sight focus and less on the bull.
I have thrown many a shot wide that looked good on the front sight and bull at the break. The wide shot was caused by my misaligned rear sight.
You can have the front sight on a quadrant of the bull that seems unexceptionable at the break and yet the shot will still hit the black if the rear sight is properly aligned with the front. You can also have a pin-wheel front sight hold at the break that will throw the shot off in the white some where if they are not aligned.
Pistol and rifle sight alignment techniques are precisely the same just more challenging with the short gun.

Back