• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WANTED Front Ramrod Tip

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twowithone

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Guys broke the ramrod today. So here goes my front tip is brass 1 1/2 long and the tip screws off to accept threads like on a shotgun brush or used to seat the 490 rb. Anybody ever see one of these. Thx

Guys broke the ramrod today. So here goes my front tip is brass 1 1/2 long and the tip screws off to accept threads like on a shotgun brush or used to seat the 490 rb. Anybody ever see one of these. Thx
Did you try Track of the wolf or other Muzzleloading part suppliers.

I looked at Dixies Track of the wolf quite a few places nothing like this. The rod diameter is 3/8. When you screw the end off the front it would hold a shotgun brush with a bigger base if you follow me or bigger diameter. Thx guys.

Attachments

• IMG_1499.JPG
    IMG_1499.JPG
    100 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_1500.JPG
    IMG_1500.JPG
    105.8 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_1501.JPG
    IMG_1501.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 53
I have not seen anything quite like the two-piece tip shown in your first two photos. It looks like the ferrule with the female thread attaches permanently to the rod, while the smaller knurled piece with male threads screws into it to serve as a plug and thread protector. Shotgun accessories (mops, jags, brushes, etc.) are threaded 5/16"- 27, which is a nonstandard pitch. Do shotgun accessories screw into that fitting? If so, you have a very unusual part, especially on the ramrod for a .50 caliber rifle! It would be worth recycling. Where did you get it?

The tip shown in the third photo is a pretty standard accessory, likely with either 8-32 or 10-32 female threads. Most of the dealers who support blackpowder shooters sell these.

Notchy Bob

Back