• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Friendship woodswalk

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As much as I got the hankerin' to do it - it's not gonna work out for me this time.

Please make some pics and post them...

Silex

Silex said:
As much as I got the hankerin' to do it - it's not gonna work out for me this time.

Please make some pics and post them...

Silex

Silex, I am happy to see you using phrases like "got a hankerin'". We'll have you talking like an American country boy in two licks of a switch!

:wink: haha thank you very much - I'll take this as a compliment.

I guess it musta been the company at the forum meet and woodswalk... maybe the shine I tried at the bevel brothers booth played a part, too...

Silex

Medic302 said:
hey folks, it's getting close to the spring nationals at friendship. we will be having the ML forum woodswalk shoot the first sunday at 0900. meet at the woodswalk booth. lets see who is gonna take the trophy away from me...

I will be there. What kind of trophy is it?

What kind of trophy is it?

It's a plate that Silex donated last year as a travelling trophy. If you win you get to take the plate home with you and have your name engraved on it. Then you bring it back to Friendship for the next winner to take and get his name engraved. In the event you can't attend the next shoot you can mail it to the next winner.
Forum members meet at the woodswalk shack and shoot the match as a group, the member who scores highest is the winner. It's a lot of fun and a good chance to meet other forum members face to face, shoot some gongs, and shoot the bull.

Silex,
Sorry to hear you won't be able to attend this year. I was hoping you could be there. I'll be sure and post some pics.

I saw an old hernia truss for sale at a garage sale a couple days ago. I may go back and see if they still have it. If so, I might go have a seat about half way through the woodswalk and wait for Many Klatch to show up. I'll bet he will be willing to give me a nice price for that truss by the time he gets there with his swivel gun. :haha:

I found the plans for this Amusette carriage. I wonder if there are any rules saying that I can't use it? :blah:

Many Klatch

just don't destroy the targets, you might have a tough time getting it down the path though. lol

There is a good chance that the fleener's will be there. My youngest son Ryan (age 14) will be coming with me again this year.

Medic, what kind of long range shooter are you? Pick the best time of day for long range shooting to go play in the woods........

Last year at the Spring shoot, we shot the running boar, heard that no one was shooting it so we did not want you to get lonely. My son wans to do it again this year....

fleener

Hey guys!

How many shots are on the course and how long does it usually take to get through it?

I may be pressed for time (if I can make it at all) is why I am asking.

I would love to shoot it with all of ya.

Thanks, Skychief.

It is usually 18 targets. I figure that if there aren't too many shooters trying to go through at the same time that it will take about an hour. However if you have to wait for other groups, then it can take longer.

Many Klatch

fleener said:
Medic, what kind of long range shooter are you? Pick the best time of day for long range shooting to go play in the woods........

fleener

lol, very true, very true art. but the current trophy holder has responsibilities lol. you and the boys planning on doing any shotgunning this year?

We do plan on shot gunning this year

I got two 13 ga shotguns a .40 and .54 round ball rifles and 3 .45 long range rifles for my yougest son and I to shoot.

Fleener

Back