• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Friendship IN 2022

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
General camping with electricity comes with community toilets' and showers. Wife said no to that.

Good morning,
Since I couldn’t sleep last night I spent some time looking into Friendship IN spring event. I have never gone before.

You'll be overwhelmed at what is going on should you attend the 1st weekend.
Here is small glimpse of what's going on:

Here's little woods walk action others has mentioned here:

I have time to decide if I want to shoot…. Will probably go up Friday afternoon and stay throught Sunday afternoon. That way I can capitalize on the venders. I might even dig out my A frame tent and fly for camping!! The boys would like that!
If I have sufficient funds I may look to buy a Fowler of some kind. Cash flow from my knife making is my spending money. So we’ll see how many blades I can sell before then. I would like a kit. I have been going back and forth between a one of Chambers Fowler or a Caywood trade gun. As I mentioned in the first post I’ve not been able to handle any of these flint locks before. So I hope to see what fits and feels nice. I’m concerned about the looooong barrels!:)
Hi Loja man. We are family friendly. I take my Son (11) and he shoots. We have tent camped in the modern area but the primitive camping area is cheaper and more fun for tent camping and you can have a camp fire.
I would strongly suggest you bring your guns and do some shooting. You can buy practice targets for a dollar and shoot those until you get comfortable and decide to shoot a match or aggregate. I will be there shooting the offhand range with my boy and some friends that have been at it for years. Come hang with us and we'll get you started!

Hi Loja man. We are family friendly. I take my Son (11) and he shoots. We have tent camped in the modern area but the primitive camping area is cheaper and more fun for tent camping and you can have a camp fire.
I would strongly suggest you bring your guns and do some shooting. You can buy practice targets for a dollar and shoot those until you get comfortable and decide to shoot a match or aggregate. I will be there shooting the offhand range with my boy and some friends that have been at it for years. Come hang with us and we'll get you started!
Glad others have thier kiddos with them! We will have to connect for sure. Thank you for the invite. I think we would go for the primitive camp area.

I have been going to the NMLRA spring matches for quite a while. I started going in the spring because I taught high school and couldn't make the fall event. Yes, one has to be a member and you need to register to shoot. I usually try to arrive the Friday before matches start on Saturday. I can set up camp and get ready for the week. The venue is friendly for children. Relative to your fowler interest visit the trap range and the primitive camp area. Members in those places can help. It does take more than a day to experience Friendship. When going to Friendship to participate the first couple of years I tried a lot of different events. I eventually settled on the trap range and doing some skeet. Enjoy your visit.

Good morning,
Since I couldn’t sleep last night I spent some time looking into Friendship IN spring event. I have never gone before. That said it is only about 3 hours from where I live so thinking of going this year! I would really like to handle some English Fowlers, English trade guns and Carolina type G trade guns. That is where I’m leaning for my next build. Never having handled one I would like to before investing that much money.
Here’s my question to you that go:
1: as a first time visitor would you plan on taking your gun to shot?
2: I know thier are matches and one must be a member to compete. I am not a member. So is all the shooting for member only?
3: can you drive up for the day and see it all? Or is it better to camp for a night?
4: Are they pretty family friendly? My 13 and 11 year old sons might read me the riot act if I went without them! If they came could they shot?
5: because I’ve not seen it so far do any of you know what the exact dates are this year?

Thanks all
I am a member of the NMLRA. I have not been there since I joined. I did go there twice as a spectator about 35 years ago. I saw the events and talked with the vendors. I think you have to be a member to camp there. I have never camped there at this time. I hope to get involved there in the future.

This is just the thread I was looking for.

I'm in Carson City, NV, and my wife and I want to go in the fall, and maybe spring also.
Maybe I can get some advice also:

1. I definitely want to shoot, but will be flying commercial. I've never flown with a firearm. Any advice or direction ? Was thinking about maybe shipping to somewhere to pick it up ?

2. Can I get powder and caps there ? Or will I be looking to ship that ? I'm sure I can't take it on the plane.

I'm sure I can think of more questions, but these are the biggies.

Thanks in advance, Eric

Might be able to ship it to the NMLRA and have it waiting for you at the match. You then could package it and ship it home yourself, post office in Friendship.

You can fly with it, just check it as luggage, following TSA guidlines.

You can buy powder from the NMLRA and caps from vendors. You can not fly with either.

Might be able to ship it to the NMLRA and have it waiting for you at the match. You then could package it and ship it home yourself, post office in Friendship.

You can fly with it, just check it as luggage, following TSA guidlines.

You can buy powder from the NMLRA and caps from vendors. You can not fly with either.

Thanks, I'm a little concerned about the powder and cap availability. Maybe I'll reach out and try to pre-buy some. Be a drag to get there and have to beg shooters - "hey, buddy, can you spare another 60 grains ? and is that a spare cap ?" Haha

Thanks, I'm a little concerned about the powder and cap availability. Maybe I'll reach out and try to pre-buy some. Be a drag to get there and have to beg shooters - "hey, buddy, can you spare another 60 grains ? and is that a spare cap ?" Haha

There is a powder magazine run by the NMLRA, only place to get powder there.

Caps, pre-order and pay for them in advance from the Log Cabin Shop with pick up there.

Thanks for everybody's help. Can't wait to be there ! Wife and I are planning both June and Sept.

Working on specifics. And will respond to the PM's that have been sent to me.

One other question,, Looks like we should fly into Cincinatti ?

Thanks, and God Bless, Eric

Thanks for everybody's help. Can't wait to be there ! Wife and I are planning both June and Sept.

Working on specifics. And will respond to the PM's that have been sent to me.

Hope to see you thier!!

The Cincinnati airport is actually in Kentucky Lol!
Hope you make it out. We usually camp in the primitive area. If you want some help getting started come by the offhand range and ask for Jack or Steve.

Latest posts

Back