• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Frame size question

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ernbar

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Does the Uberti Remington New Service Navy .36 have a smaller frame size being closer to the original in comparison to the Pietta Remington NSN which is on a larger frame? A side by side picture would be great if someone has both in .36.

Last edited:
The Uberti is slightly smaller than the Pietta. Still larger than the real Remington .36, since Uberti does the same thing that Pietta does and builds their .36 on their .44 frames, but probably a bit closer in size to what the original Remington was compared to the Pietta.

I'm not sure a photo would really illustrate the size difference between the two. There is a difference, but a subtle one. When you actually hold them both side by side, the difference is more noticeable.

The Uberti is slightly smaller than the Pietta. Still larger than the real Remington .36, since Uberti does the same thing that Pietta does and builds their .36 on their .44 frames, but probably a bit closer in size to what the original Remington was compared to the Pietta.

I'm not sure a photo would really illustrate the size difference between the two. There is a difference, but a subtle one. When you actually hold them both side by side, the difference is more noticeable.
Thank you for your input. Would love to get a real antique Navy Remington but the prices are too deep for my pockets. I think I will go with an Uberti Navy then.

Thank you for your input. Would love to get a real antique Navy Remington but the prices are too deep for my pockets. I think I will go with an Uberti Navy then.
I feel your pain! I would love to get an original Remington, but just can't justify it right now. The Uberti is "close enough" for me, and it is a joy to shoot. If you get one, I'm sure you will be happy with it.

Just remembered I did a video with mine a while back. You'll have to forgive the fact that it was not my best shooting performance, and I was using caps that were giving me some trouble! Other than that, mine has always worked beautifully - when I'm not filming, of course, then nothing goes right!

Just remembered I did a video with mine a while back. You'll have to forgive the fact that it was not my best shooting performance, and I was using caps that were giving me some trouble! Other than that, mine has always worked beautifully - when I'm not filming, of course, then nothing goes right!

I have watched your videos before and they are very informative. Thanks again for your input.

Back