• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Found this under my stand I just put up. What left this?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is the scat of the Whirling Whumpus, it whirls so fast, like a small tornado, no one has ever seen one……
Any kin to the Tasmanian devil , If so get a rabbit and be done with the foul beast !

Attachments

• OIP (4).jpeg
    OIP (4).jpeg
    7.9 KB · Views: 0
Start writing, and I'll be waiting!
Maybe start a new thread. A couple folks here have alluded to seeing some other-worldly creatures in the woods, but not a lot of detail.
Except one guy in East Texas, where his tales really scared me!
But, sometimes, I wonder if people are putting me on.
But, I still like the stories!
I watched a strange acting guy from my tree stand one time. He looked kinda scetchy, nervous like looking around. All black clothing with his hood pulled up. I'm thinking great, he's hiding stolen loot. Or hiding a murder weapon, who knows. So when I got down, I was graveyard quiet choked up on that Alaskan yellow cedar shaft with a razor sharp Wensel Woodsman broadhead ready to defend myself with it an snuck back to my truck as quiet as an Apache. Came back the next day with Sam Colt and a camera. It was a Geocache. I moved my stand anyway.

I guess it depends on the OPs location in KY if he is in Eastern Ky I would agree although there have been a few supposedly sighted in the south central area mostly near Mammoth Cave NP which is about 45 minutes from myself. Around me it would be rare that's why I inquired about the deer poo, as you stated bucks are more constipated than does and a lot of times they will leave a globular pile and not the raisin like droppings of the does. Could it be a large buck in the area?
Thanks for the info.
South Central Ky and there has been at least one bear seen in the nearby area for years now. More recent sightings in the last month.

Last edited:
i'm thinking bear. deer scat (around my place) is a bit more organized.

have you asked the game warden? they are really good at this sort of thing... (at least, mine is ... showed him a photo of scratchings on a tree and he told me all about porcupines)
I've nothing to hide but after I was falsely accused by a game warden one day when I lived in Montana and he treated like a criminal, I try not to talk with those guys unless they insist. Every bit of it was unwarranted and I did nothing wrong, so I held my ground. Its a dang wonder I didn't go to jail that day.

And yes, it was over a bear. The first bear I ever killed as a matter of fact.

Last edited:
Found this while I was putting up a ladder stand for the up coming muzzleloader season.

At first I thought perhaps a racoon, but it doesn't look like racoon scat. Too much of it.

Possum, too much for a them to leave behind.

Fox, nope.

Coyote, I'm not seeing it.

Pretty sure I know what deposited it but lets hear you all's input.

It appears to be composed of all blackberries.

Length about 4".

Width about 3".

Height about 3/4" to 1".View attachment 248207
Depending on the region I’d say it’s coon poop. They eat berries.. and they poop like there’s no tomorrow!

Found this while I was putting up a ladder stand for the up coming muzzleloader season.

At first I thought perhaps a racoon, but it doesn't look like racoon scat. Too much of it.

Possum, too much for a them to leave behind.

Fox, nope.

Coyote, I'm not seeing it.

Pretty sure I know what deposited it but lets hear you all's input.

It appears to be composed of all blackberries.

Length about 4".

Width about 3".

Height about 3/4" to 1".View attachment 248207
One of Hunter's Paintings?

Back