• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Forum War! East vs West! Ends August 30, 2012

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spikebuck said:
Since I'm on the skirmish line,,,
Great State of Minnesota and the rest of the West from them cheese-headed Wisconsinites!!!
I'm on the line too, :idunno:
Home is on the West side, but I can wade across to the East side right here in town and not even get my belly button wet.

If I side with the West I can help ya with them Wisconsin-ites.
But if I side with the East I can show them Heathen Iowain's a thing er two,
:hmm: What to do?,, What to do? :hmm:

necchi said:
I'm on the line too, :idunno:
Home is on the West side, but I can wade across to the East side right here in town and not even get my belly button wet.

If I side with the West I can help ya with them Wisconsin-ites.
But if I side with the East I can show them Heathen Iowain's a thing er two,
:hmm: What to do?,, What to do? :hmm:

Necci, I'd hate fer ya to fall in with a bad bunch. Stick with the West and have at all them SINners. :thumbsup:

Lonegun1894 said:
Despite all the teasing back and forth, I really do like everyone here, but I dont like anyone here well enough to want to see anyone without clothes. General, just so you know, if the enemy shows up on the field of battle nekkid, I will break lines and run, and strongly suggest to anyone with me to do the same. You never know what those crafty Easterners will come up with, and I draw the line at risking my life.

Cpl. Lonegun,

I'll admit, jest the thought of seein the opposing General without his britches is enuf to make a good soldier throw down his rifle and head home. But this is war and ya gotta expect to see some really bad stuff.

GGW

:grin: tecum-tha, very valid point you're making! :thumbsup:

Problem is twofold though - I don't know whom I serve better by joining - the actual side I join or the opponents - with my shooting mm "skills" :rotf:

Secondly, my smoothbore will have to arrive - oh boy it takes so long - can barely stand it any longer.

Silex

PS: With all the comments this is getting serious warfare here :grin:

Gen Jethro, private longbow-hunter here an Im a voulinteerin to helpin the boys on the east in this here shootin match. I mighten do better within my longbow buy will give my smoothie a chance to shoot some of those pesky westerners. :applause:

Umm. Couple o' questions, here, yer honorship - errr.. yer Generalship ... uhhh, Suh, Mistuh?
Since you allow sitting on yer as..., er, but..., er, behind (if'n I read yer orders right): kin a feller settin' thataway rest his elbows on his knees, or does he hafta leave 'em sorta flappin' in the breeze?
Then: after drawin' an X across the paper, kin a feller add a 'bud', or some sorta aimin' point he kin SEE at 50 yards?
mhb - Mike
Southwest Brigade

MHB,
Keeping in mind that I do not make the rules, I was always told that where combat is concerned, the only fair fight is the one you win, and it is much easier to get forgiveness than permission. SHHHH, dont tell them Easterners.

Ok, now that I have stirred up a hornets nest, personally, when the rules say "offhand" either sitting or standing, I persoanlly take it to mean "unsupported". Now if your techinique is to "rest" your elbows against your ridcage like some target shooters, that is your business, but I'm bettin we will be told not to rest em on our knees.

Troops, I'm back! Safe and sound and glad to be back too. They said war was hell but I never expected the enemies women to look like that! :shocked2: :shake: Now I understand why they shoot so bad over there. Their eyeballs is burnt up!
I sneaked in right to the South of St. Lois and proceeded to head West and South from there. Spent a day floatin' down the Meremec and doin' some spyin' on the locals.
My disguise as a tourist musta been a good-un 'cause they never suspected a thing.
Anyway, from what I seen we shouldn't have hardly any resistance at all. We'll probly win this thing without even any wounded on our side.

Waal, there's some truth in what ya say. But there's also a point o' honor, which no Southerner/Westerner would be ungentlemanly enough to ignore.
However, as the more modern types would say: 'If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!'.
We'll hafta see what the Genr'l says.
mhb - Mike

That does it! No Southern or Western gentleman will endure any aspersions cast upon his
womenfolk.
This is war!
mhb - Mike

mhb said:
Umm. Couple o' questions, here, yer honorship - errr.. yer Generalship ... uhhh, Suh, Mistuh?
Since you allow sitting on yer as..., er, but..., er, behind (if'n I read yer orders right): kin a feller settin' thataway rest his elbows on his knees, or does he hafta leave 'em sorta flappin' in the breeze?
Then: after drawin' an X across the paper, kin a feller add a 'bud', or some sorta aimin' point he kin SEE at 50 yards?
mhb - Mike
Southwest Brigade

Lonegun1894 has got it right (probly the first time for a Westerner). No elbows on the knees. You can rest one against your ribs.
As far as the target goes, yes you can make yer mark however you like. Scoring will be determined by an X thru the exact center of the paper no matter what or where your mark happens to be on your paper.

mhb said:
That does it! No Southern or Western gentleman will endure any aspersions cast upon his
womenfolk.
This is war!
mhb - Mike

Well, don't worry, I DANG SURE ain't gonna be nekkid!

Thank you, suh. You are still an unprincipled scalawag, and probably descended from carpetbaggers. If you survive the war, my seconds will call on you.
mhb - Mike

I definitely wasn't suggesting cheating. The Easterners may be less principled in general than we are, but I have faith in everyone, East and West, to be honest and will not question their accuracy or honesty. However, in the case of the Easterners, you boys may as well send in a blank piece of paper and save your powder and lead, seeing as we Westerners know that y'all can't hit anything beyond bayonet range by shooting at it anyway.

As to the modern types, do they even know that counting is done 1, 2, 3, etc. and NOT 30, 60, 90, etc?

Just so no misunderstandings arise from our current predicament, for what it's worth, The bunch here is still my favorite bunch of Easterners. They may not be worth much, but at least they're OUR Easterners. :hatsoff: And I'm sure they will see the error of their ways and beg for peace as soon as they get their butts handed to them, which should be well before lunch-time of the first day of hostilities. :blah:

Chowmif16 said:
I'm in!
Ready to show those Easterners a thing or two...

"A thing or two"?
Is that all the holes you Westerners are gonna be able to shoot in your targets? :rotf:

It isn't that that's all we can teach y'all, it's just that that is all we think an Easterner can learn.
:stir:

General Jethro...Vermont signing on here. Them westerners need to remember, all the shootin for this country STARTED here in the east...before the west was even known to exist. We'll show em how shootin's done and they'll realize they need alot more practice before they challange us easterners again! :haha:

Latest posts

Back