• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Forum War! East vs West! Ends August 30, 2012

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gen. Jethro, I missed the last couple of shoots but I'll will answer the call to defend the honor of the home land. After all I do live in the volunteer state...................watch yer top knot.....................

Things are looking good for the Eastern Militia. :thumbsup: Looks like a pretty good turn-out at the recruitment so far.

Tomorrow I am planning to infiltrate the enemy territory! Yep, I'm crossin' the Big Muddy to have a look around and see what them Western Varmints are up to. 5 days of scoutin' should give us Easterners all the top secret information we need.

I'll get in on this one. I just found a good load for my flintlock, 1 inch group at 35 yards,80 grns 3fff KIK. we'll see what she does at 50. :thumbsup: .

Jethro224 said:
Tomorrow I am planning to infiltrate the enemy territory! Yep, I'm crossin' the Big Muddy to have a look around and see what them Western Varmints are up to.

Hope yer a good swimmer, Jethro. I'd hate for ya to slip under the water and deprive us of taking a shot at ya. :rotf:

Bsides, ol Buripity set out from Winton and is headed East. He's prolly got the river staked out already.

GGW

General Greywhiskers, sir! I've got the northern part of the Rockies covered. Iffin' any of them varmints try to sneak onto our side, they'll be starin' down the muzzle of my .54! And from this elevation, I can just about see that muddy water General Jethro plans to cross. With enough powder in my barrel and a slight incline, I'm sure I can put one across his nose from my post. :thumbsup:

Jethro224 said:
The total of all 5 shot measurements from each member will be added together to determine that members final score.
All of the scores for each Militia will be added together and then divided by the number of members on that Militia to determine the average for each team.
Highest average score determines the winners of the East vs West Forum War.

Jethro,

just for my clarification - my smoothie is still not here. If it might arrive in time, would I be allowed to join and what side would I be joining?

In terms of the scoring - don't want to be a wisecrack here - but wouldn't the LOWEST score being the winning one? You want to measure the closest to the center, right? So taking the measurements from the center and adding them up would make the lowest result in the 5 shot string addition make the shooter hitting closest to the center. Did I overlook something?

Silex

Silex,
You're right about the scoring thing. Whoops! Good catch. Thanks. :hatsoff:
I fixed it.

:hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

Additional Rule:
Any muzzleloadingforum member who wishes to play but does not live in the United States is a "Mercenary" and may join up with whichever team he wishes!

How's that? :grin:

I'm fixin' to head out on my spying trip to the Western side of the Mississippi. Won't be back until Monday night. I'm sure General Grey Whiskers can answer most any other questions that might come up between now and then. :thumbsup:
See ya when I get back. :hatsoff:

Jethro got so nervous challenging the best in the west that his typing fingers got crossed. Why, I'll bet his knees are shakin' as he approaches the Big Muddy. :blah:

General Greywhiskers,
Thank you, Sir. While I am attemtping to recruit several of the local militia, I really think we have this won already with the exceptional troops we already have. Now any respectable Westerner will be here to join us, and I wouldn't be the least surprized if some decided to flank the enemy forces unannounced without oficially joining our cause. Here is my plan... Intercept the enemy general, capture him, try, and then hang him as a spy. With no intelligence, the enemy forces will be blind (which by the way also accounts for their shooting) and will be rounded up in time for them to get front row seats so they can watch as we over run their perimeter and take over their territory. I would say we can then take the spoils of war, but I vote we let them keep them, as I don't believe that there is anything in the East worth taking. What say ye, Sir?

As to those of you Westerners who have not joined yet, what is taking so long? The crops can stay in the field an extra week and it isn't deer season yet, so please make haste at the first opportunity to join our cause. If you get here quick enough,m we will have those lowly Easterners tucking their tails and running before dinner-time.

General Jethro,
I will allow you this one chance to surrender your forces. If you accept, you and your men will be welcomed back to our campfire, fed, watered, and allowed to keep your weapons as honorable men, with your respect and honor intact. Should you however choose to continue to pursue this ill fated, and exceptionally feeble attempt to stand against our much superior Western forces, your next chance at surrended will be unconditional and you will be forced to suffer the humiliation and ridicule that comes with that. I will now patiently await your response, knowing your horses are slow and your messengers cant stay on course without getting lost for weeks on end. :blah:

Col. Lonegun1894

Keep up the recruitment efforts, Lonegun. :thumbsup:

Iffin you capture Gen Jethro, bring him to my headquarters. Make sure you bring that fancy rifle of his. :grin:

GGW

Silex, you better join the Eastern Forces.
Since we already were shooting together in rank and file at Friendship,IN. Remember,this was not the Western National Shoot :grin:
I will have to recruit more jaegers around here to show those western guys who owns the woods. Well, those westerners can't really own the woods, because they hardly have any. Either windy flatland or burned down dark timber. The little woods they have are protected to hear the owls sing... :rotf:

Gen. Graywhiskers, if captured, do you want him and the others dressed as found, or tarred and feathered?

As to us not having any woods, we're about to take the Eastern Woods.

Despite all the teasing back and forth, I really do like everyone here, but I dont like anyone here well enough to want to see anyone without clothes. General, just so you know, if the enemy shows up on the field of battle nekkid, I will break lines and run, and strongly suggest to anyone with me to do the same. You never know what those crafty Easterners will come up with, and I draw the line at risking my life.

Latest posts

Back