• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Forum Members Horn

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blacksmithman64

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Just recently finished this one up for a forum member, he asked me to post it when I got around to finishing it. :thumbsup:
MattsPix160.jpg
[/img]
MattsPix161.jpg
[/img]
MattsPix163.jpg
[/img]
MattsPix194.jpg
[/img]

I can't wait to see the one Stumblin Wolf is making for me! I feel like a little kid on Christmas Eve!

:bow: As always I am most appreciative of witnessing the hand skills that members of this forum display. Outstanding horn, makes one jealous of not only the horn but your skills and dedication. This type of skill is a true tribute to the the History of the American spirit. Let us carfeully guard this and seek to preserve it for the future of our country. :thumbsup: "Doc"

I could'nt be happier with what Matt has created for me. I basically gave him some ideas of what I had in mind such as the poem and the critters that I hunt in my neck of the woods. He scrimmed pictures of a bear,wild pig,gobler,squirrels, deer and a hunter,etc.. We placed the names of the animals around them and intentionally misspelled some of them,ex. bear(bar)squirrel(squirl). The poem in full: The game my horn presents,forever makes my heart content,chase is on from dawn to dusk,powder and ball do I trust,herolike the flintlock roars,silencing woods I adore. Matt,had to incorporate some pretty skilled horner tricks in the lettering of the poem to be able to pull it off. He can explain those tricks better than I can if anyone is interested. Matt also incorporated some of his own ideas into the horn. He used locust thorns for the pegs on the base plug and how about the deer antler crown and engraving on the base plug for strap attachment.Matt, ya got to give us a few more detail pics of that awesome scrim of yours. :thumbsup:

THANKS EVERYONE! I really appreciate it! :grin:
Texhunter, the skinnyness of this horn is so cool, I think its what sets it off.It was a bear to drill...
Ezekial-thank you for the kind words!
David G- Forum members horn II for detailed pics. I did a tutorial of this horn if anyones interested, pm me or David G for the site...
Thank you all!

ya dun good ..again SW! :hatsoff: yer blessed with talent! SUPER! :thumbsup: Congrats David!

SW you got pics of my horn?? I'm cameraless... :(

Latest posts

Back