• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Flintlock Target Pistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks all. I think I am going to stray closer to a more "original" type look instead of the Yazel look. Man I bet those shoot great, but I couldn't stand to own something like that. Call me old fashioned!! :hatsoff:

I said exactly the same thing until my friend I mentioned earlier insisted I try one of his Yazel's.
I have two of them now along with a traditional Kentucky flinter, not really a target pistol but plenty accurate.

Thanks but I think I would prefer a traditional design. I'd just like to know if the Pedersoli Charles Moore is a good workable flintlock pistol, and it appears so far that it is.

I'll admit, though I own and thoroughly enjoy a Pedersoli percussion pistol that is most excellent, I've also bought two Pedersoli pistols in the past couple years and both had to go back for a refund at DGW. They seem to be really hit or miss in terms of QC. Thank God DGW is so understanding though. I just hope that when I order my Charles Moore that it doesn't have to go back as well.

Well, I felt I ought to warn you to never shoot a Yazel if offered. Run away as if a leper has just used it or you may be caught in the snare! :rotf:

It would seem from what some US guys say about the QA issues with their Pedersoli's purchased from large US dealers that these dealers are buying in seconds cheap for sale in the local US market as one never hears of these issues on the international market .

Where else can you get them in the US but DGW and maybe on or two other (usually online) outlets? The only time I ever see and Pedersoli guns in Cabelas or a gun shop is when they're in the used section, never brand new. Cabelas/Bass Pro/etc. carry the Italian cap & ball guns from Uberti or Pietta, but the only Pedersoli handgun I've seen new is the 20 ga. Howda.

:idunno: I am not in the US , You should be able to shoot the Moore out of the box in world class comps.

Earl Burlin said:
Where else can you get them in the US but DGW and maybe on or two other (usually online) outlets? The only time I ever see and Pedersoli guns in Cabelas or a gun shop is when they're in the used section, never brand new. Cabelas/Bass Pro/etc. carry the Italian cap & ball guns from Uberti or Pietta, but the only Pedersoli handgun I've seen new is the 20 ga.
Howda.

The two best places to get Pedersoli is Flintlocks, Etc. and Taylors.

At Flintlocks Etc, Richard will take care of you he has done well for me.

Taylor's is top notch. If you have a problem, you can call Taylor's and they put you on the phone with gun smith.

Also look at Cherry's, they have a good reputation.

Dixie would be the last place I would do business with.

My Yazel percussion got to where it did not want to fire, took it to the gunsmith shop for help in Friendship.

Mike walked in and asked what the problem was, he picked up the pistol and left. He was back in a bit and had replaced the spring, it is a robust spring.

He said mine is somewhat a rare pistol as it is stainless and he said they did not make many of them.

I have a friend who shoots at Friendship and he said finding any Yazel is tough.

I have a Moore rock lock, a Moore cap lock, and a La Page rock lock. All are better than fine shooters, no problems with the locks. The trigger on the caplock is becoming pretty worn (it's so old I don't remember when it was new), and I'll probably have to go find replacement parts for the sear and hammer.....
You can not go wrong with these pistols. The single set trigger is a bit dicey to get used to unless you have other guns with sub 1 pound pulls on them....

I have the Charles Moore with flint smoothbore and percussion rifled barrel/lock combos.
Mine have a fixed tang; do others have hooked breech?

I really like it, but am not a good shot with the flint/smooth as I am only getting experience with flint.
It works best with Swiss powder. I got some Swiss 3F and ground it to make priming, its a lot faster than the WANO powder I usually had but actually the un-ground Swiss was about the same speed.

As for the percussion rifled one, it shoots boringly well.

Pedersoli has two distinct lines of guns. One is plinker-grade, the other is match-grade. This accounts for the trouble reports.

chowmif 16. Have someone that knows what he is doing heat and reshape your harper ferry's hammer and get it to drop the sparks into the pan. Bill

Richard Eames said:
My Yazel percussion got to where it did not want to fire, took it to the gunsmith shop for help in Friendship.

Mike walked in and asked what the problem was, he picked up the pistol and left. He was back in a bit and had replaced the spring, it is a robust spring.

He said mine is somewhat a rare pistol as it is stainless and he said they did not make many of them.

I have a friend who shoots at Friendship and he said finding any Yazel is tough.

As like this one?

Picture removed by Zonie.

Original configuration is in .45, had Harold a few years ago make a .36 barrel however it is blued.

As was said when that gun or one like it was first posted on the forum several years ago, it is in no way a traditional gun and it has no place on this forum.

Back