• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

first prb deer+nice buck (PICS)

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
look everyone. its the way we hunt in ohio and i found all kinds of dead bucks and does laying around and ya i felt sorry for them and wished they would have been tooken care of. but you cant get a deer around here with this type of hunting inless you shoot running shots. so sorry to every one who got affended or dont feel googd about this at all but hey i could hav left that doe that was finished with 12 guage go also.i had shot this gun at 50 yds and could get a 5 by 5 inch group every time. please dont assume that i just loaded the gun without knowing where it shoots(that would be stupid) so thats all i have to say and sorry for all your troubles.

thomp shooter said:
look everyone. its the way we hunt in ohio and i found all kinds of dead bucks and does laying around and ya i felt sorry for them and wished they would have been tooken care of. but you cant get a deer around here with this type of hunting inless you shoot running shots.

Don't guess I would get any deer then. Chris

Let me get this right. You go to the woods to hunt deer and everyone hunts like this.You are not being truthful because if you were there would be many dead hunters in your woods :hmm: Makes me ask my self if your not a anti hunting Troll.

Do you really think we are all that stupid? Do you really thing the woods in Ohio are "THICKER" than what you find anywhere else East of the Mississippi? Have you hunted, Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee, Kentucky, Indian, Illinois, Pennsylvania,Wisconsin, etc.????? :shocked2:

NO ONE HAS to hunt that way! :cursing: :cursing:

And, Yes, YOU DO OWE US an APOLOGY for bragging about what you do when you hunt. You give all of us a very bad name. :cursing: :cursing: :( :nono: :shake: :barf:

If you are not an anti-hunting Troll, you are a disgrace to our sport. :cursing:

Ethics are the RULES you live by when only God and You know the right and wrong of your behavior. :hmm: Ethics is the core value of our sport. It defines, by its presence, or lack of presence, the Character of the people who choose to hunt.

Most hunters have NO problem living with ethics that respect the land, the game, and the freedom to hunt. But, Non-hunters, and Anti-hunting Trolls, haven't a clue what true hunting is all about. Instead, they take comic routines by famous comedians, like the late Johnny Carson, as their Truth, and believe that all hunters act like that buffoon. :idunno: :hmm:

The same "HUNTER" who has no qualms about killing a deer, legally, during Deer Season in the Fall, will be the guy working to save the life of a deer that has fallen through thin ice, and can't get itself out of the lake, pond, or river, in January. :shocked2: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

its the way we hunt in ohio and i found all kinds of dead bucks and does laying around

This is very disturbing. Such complete lack of respect for life. :(

Guys,

I think thomp shooter is a young guy.

Aaron, I think you've posted some of your hunting stories before, right?

Based on my previous perception of you I wouldn't say you're a terrible guy or that you have any lack of respect for the animals you hunt. I'm thinking you're just a young fellow who enjoys hunting and I for one am glad for any young folks we have amongst us.

The responses to your initial post aren't personal, and I'm guessing the impression we've gotten about the way you and your family hunt are not accurate.

There is plenty to learn here, I really hope everyone will back off just a bit and not alienate one of our (that's OUR) young guys.

I will say that thomp shooter is not a troll. I believe you have a New Englander, don't you, Aaron?

Anyway, let's get this on track. Congratulations on the buck, anyway.

:hatsoff:
Spot

You are a generous and diplomatic person, Spot.

However... I do think that there is a tremendous lack of respect for animals on Aaron's part. It is reflected in his initial post in numerous ways, and in his lack of remorse when he came to his own defense in his second post.

Aaron, if you think your method of maiming and mayhem is the only way that folks in Ohio can hunt deer, you are deeply and seriously incorrect. No disrespect intended to your family, but you have not been taught either hunting or ethics well at all.

I hope you seek and find some good hunting mentors who have skill and ethics and care for the animals they hunt and that you follow their instructions and their example. Otherwise, please stop foisting your destruction on the creatures of the forest and on the honorable sport of hunting and take up another sport that does not involve projectile weapons.

Blackfoot said:
You sir are an IDIOT and need to quit hunting

He's not an idiot, he's an adolescent and still has a lot to learn. Take it easy on the name calling.

yes i still have my new englander. and by running shots is not the ONLY way we can hunt in ohio. i didnt mean it that way. i have gotten deer from my tree stand many times. our family does not shoot eachother either. people walk in a line in the woods and a couple people stand on the far end and when they come out you wait till you know you have a shot that wont kill your drivers. no one has every been close to being killed in our group. so i guess its just a diffrent hunting style to people on this forum. sorry again

My wifeangel read this and with a non-hunting attitude and surmised that this may be a ruse from an anti trying to trick us into agreeing with him, or his style.
If this is not a trick, then this young man should back off and regroup and find an ehtical hunting club to go with. Preferably ml hunters.
If this is a trick, then I condemn everything that poured from his mouth.

:confused: I still find it hard to believe what i read,could it be :bull:me thinks not. :nono: Griz

a buck came in and i shot him. well when i got home i decided that i need to have fun with deer hunting. so i got out the sxs 14 guage and loaded her up.

:nono: That's not youthful exhuberance. That's "lets kill something else just for fun". If killing the buck left you hollow and needing more bloodshed for fullfilment maybe hunting isn't your calling. Get a job at a slaughterhouse.

I am locking this thread for a few hours to give everyone a chance to simmer down. I’m not closing it because I see an opportunity for learning here.

In my own past the tendency to take an “If it’s brown it’s down” attitude was common. Those that could would hold down the trigger while pumping the action and “spray and pray” by dumping the magazine as deer ran past. Especially on state lands it was a wild time and the motto was definitely “Death at any cost!”. Deer (and hunters) were panicked and running every which way. It was not uncommon for breathless strangers to run up and ask to borrow or buy slugs. Part of this was due to the weapons: slug firing shotguns. I was the only hunter in our group that had sights (an Ithaca Deerslayer). I knew one other hunter with a Browning Sweet 16 that had great sights (same as the adjustable sights on the Hi-Power pistol). Everyone else was hurling slugs out of double-duty bird guns. Opening day sounded like what it must have been like on Omaha Beach. Several times I was “buzzed” by slugs ”“ one hit the tree I was leaning against a few feet above my head once and on another occasion I was walking through standing corn and heard one approach and pass smacking the corn stalks; “z-z-z-Z-Z-z-z-ip”. Gets your hair up, I’ll tell you! Shooting, shouting drives went on several times a day.

Just below in Pennsylvania at the time they had a “Doe Day” when antlerless could be taken on only one day. That was wild times, also.

In most parts hereabouts those times are, thankfully, gone. Fewer hunters, better suited firearms (there is a lot more money floating around for such things, it seems), changes in ethics and landowner requirements, etc.

We see here some youthful exuberance and a bit of the “hold the “shoot” button and twirl the joystick” and that, hopefully, will pass with age and wisdom. Personally, I’m sickened by the doe having two leg wounds and finally being finished off. I’d be ashamed of myself rather than boasting. That’s a barbaric end and I do better killing my barnyard chickens quickly with a steel pipe. It’s the hunter’s responsibility to make death swift and sure.

Here again we get into the ethical vs. legal distinction and I promise we’ll never solve that. What we can do is encourage the one good shot mentality that a traditional muzzleloader exemplifies. While a whitetail is a corn-rat to many, to most of us here it is a noble and spirited animal worthy of a fair hunt and a clean kill if not a pleasant death. Nature doesn’t have any end in store for a whitetail any better than what a hunter brings. Even being rolled in a barrage of shots like a tin can is probably better than starving and eventually being eaten alive by coyotes.

It’s the season for cheer and thanksgiving. Lets take a bit to reflect on our own hunting ethics.

Stumpy

i agree with stumpy 100%. and i must say that is some awefull shooting. I've been in on deer drives before. i'm not a fan.

well if that was done up here he and he made this post Fish & Game would be all over him and if he had wounded a game animal he would be charged with wanten waste his SXS would be gone his lic for years to come would be gone a long with abig fine and maybe jail time if his truck was used in the hunt it would be gone this is ether a punking or just real wrong

in response to thomp shooter,

there has been some good remarks made here to you for your benefit . like paul said have you ever hunted where they are real woods ,thick woods . I live and hunt in east tenn we have some big woods here some places so thick you can't crawl thruogh them , i hunt around those thick places a lot . i get chances for running shots more than i do for standing or slow moving shots, but i don't take them if i am not 100% sure i can make the shot i pass. like last year 12 yards slow walk 1 shot one dead buck, last week 18 yds slow walk i shot 1 dead buck , one went about 8 yds the other dropped on spot. i don't know if you are young or old but make a promise to yourself to shoot your gun test different loads get good whith your gun like shooting it is easy as walking almost and to become an ehtical hunter some day you will be glad you did.

pot.gif
Me thinks we got a troll...
reeling-smiley1-1.gif
If he's for real, he damn sure belongs in a foster home, as he claims to be 16.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back