First ever high-end kit rifle.

Discussion in 'Photos' started by Shiloh1944, Apr 2, 2019.

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum by donating:

1. Apr 11, 2019 #21

Shiloh1944

Shiloh1944

Shiloh1944

32 Cal. MLF Supporter

Darkhorse, I appreciate your input and next time to the range will work on shooting at 25 yards and 50 yards and adjusting the composition of my charge components. I would really like to be able to shoot one raged hole at 25 and 50 yards. Thanks much.

2. Apr 12, 2019 #22

Shiloh1944

Shiloh1944

Shiloh1944

32 Cal. MLF Supporter

An individual on another muzzleloader forum asked me what the light colored crescent under the snail was so I thought I would share what I told him with you all as well.

It is one of my mistakes. I cut the slot in the lock plate for the snail too deep and there was a gap. I did not like the gap and did not want to purchase a new lock. I decided to make a crescent moon from brass sheet stock and fit it around the snail leaving no gap and then I sliver soldered it to the lock plate. It does not interfere with the hammer in any way. I realize it isn't original and one day may decide to purchase either another lock or if possible just the lock plate and redo it. It doesn't affect the rifles shooting accuracy in any way and in a way adds a personal touch. I will see about taking a close up photo so it can be viewed closer.

DSC03540 (2)-1.JPG DSC03539-1.JPG

LeRoy 58 likes this.