• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

First ever flint lock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Been listing in these pages since 8/21 but don’t actually own a “muzzle loader” let alone a flint lock. Now I’ve both. Traded with a member for this recently.
Who know where this path may wander….😁
2DC424BA-3A5D-40D3-87E1-5ED89D655584.jpeg

Even though smoothbore, it has a decent length barrel. Should be fairly accurate at 25 yards. You will just have to work out a sighting hold.

I hate spending good money on lead balls or bullets. My clubs backstop has all the lead I’ll ever need, I do order pure stuff from J.44 once in a while. If the .490 mold doesn’t work well I’ll try and find a bother smaller.

Online looking for .490 roundballs seems the only “in stock” was an outfit called Scheels. An employee owned company?? Never bought there so placed an order for those and some Berrys plated. Within an hour an email said order completed, items shipped. (UPS label printed) Prices were competitive, shipping a tad high and of course state tax added.
I do believe that’s the fastest response from an online retailer I’ve ever received with possibly the exception of Amazon.

Back