• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Finding wasp nests?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They're also one of the best baits you can use for bluegills and other bream. When I was a kid, a wasp nest didn't stand a chance on the farm as we'd knock it down and use the white larva for bait. My uncle would just take his hat off, knock the nest around a bit with it to get the wasps off and then pluck it loose. I never got that brave with them. Also any old vehicles around, they like to build in them as stated above. in the front of the door jambs under the back of the front fenders is a prime location. If it's driveable, just take it for a short ride for a bit down a rough road. They'll usually bale out during the trip.

I've been experimenting with dried out lens cleaner paper. I'm not sure what all is soaked into them, but when dried out, they're really quick burning once they get started. And it's a pretty tough paper that don't leave much behind when burned.
when my stash get's to start drying out I use a spray bottle of H2O, and freshen it up!

Road hunt them as going about daily travel. Ask farmers for some. They are usually in the know, about where they might have some. Don't wait to try for them when the weather warms ,hornet nest scan be reoccupied by other regular wasps.
Right Dont

not to worry and loose sleep, you are not going to make it happen!
Rather be careful, seen too many rifle patches smolder and flare up at the range and people use TOW for cleaning-wadding and fire starting so. Just rather use wasp nest, free, fire retardant, historically correct and works great. Besides it's fun to hunt for.

7496E1F9-CD3B-40D2-B13F-CEAE4F1E5C9A.jpeg
Found a small one under the porch today.
CB92D2F3-7F55-4CCA-B55B-C2DF32FD8BE6.jpeg
Flattened it and put it in the shooting bag.

Whatever you do never ever under any circumstances put one in a haversack unless you plan on eating it. Several on here will go insane.
OH! now I know what is wrong with me!!? I also ate the yellow snow when I was a kid! sort of like a free yellow popsicle!

on a BLACK & WHITE, WHITE FACED HOENETS NEST, don't forget that the outer layer of paper on it is golden, easy to tear off pieces of it, and crumple it up and down the bore it goes! on top of powder & over the ball / shot!!

Here in downtown Rochester, MI we no longer have bees or yellow jackets. let alone hornets. Thanks, I suppose, to all the wonderful chemicals used on our Fine Lawns.
so sad that people screw up the fragile EGO SYSTEM!! I am not a TREE HUGGER, just making a statement!

The same thing happened to a family member of mine several years ago. I’ve never trusted those big hornet nests since.🤪
a lot of people BP, shooters spray bee killer into the entrance before they take them down.

Back