• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Finally speed cleaning a C&B revolver

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
These little sweet hearts I bought off ebay item number 203154477060 (crimped Brass Wire End Brush)
1641255020954.png

The stem is a tad smaller than my Dremel collet but does just fine with a bit of duct tape wrap ...on low speed it cleans the chamber bottoms, hammer channels, recoil shield etc. to as new!!!
I originally bought them as I was testing various home rolled cartridge papers with the intent to "twirl" them between thumb and pointer finger to snake out un-burned paper in the chamber bottoms ..(I now use Wave Form perm papers which consume 95+%)

Anyway having 3 dirty cap n ball shooters needing cleaning and Arthritis killing my hands ..I chucked up one of these brass brushes and wow ..wow did it clean everything up shiny new in most of the nooks and crainys in no time.

And for another tough area to get to idea ..the circle the hand sits in that the cylinder "gear" sits in I found cheap Qtips .. just take a big old pair of slip joint pliers and mash the Qtip head flat ..fits right in and cleans it right up!

Just shar'in the happiness folks as I suppose everyone but me already knows all this:doh:

Bear

I just remove the grips and put the frame & cylinder into my empty dishwasher when my Green-eyed Monster's not home, and (w/o any detergent) run the washer.

Everything comes out hot & dry, ready for oiling inside & out.

There's zero residue in the dishwasher after I'm done.

I just remove the grips and put the frame & cylinder into my empty dishwasher when my Green-eyed Monster's not home, and (w/o any detergent) run the washer.

Everything comes out hot & dry, ready for oiling inside & out.

There's zero residue in the dishwasher after I'm done.
You my friend have a larger set of brassy s than I do ..The brown eyed boss of me would drop me in a heart beat were I to be caught with that smelly thing in her new dishwasher

Bear

Back