• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Filling a teardrop shaped capper?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skychief

69 Cal.
Reaction score
Do any of you have a trick for filling these quickly with the nipples oriented correctly? Putting them in one by one is time consuming and maybe the only way to do it. :idunno:

Your method/input appreciated! :bow:

Skychief.

Skychief,
First, I hope you are putting caps into the capper and not "nipples". I just pour it "almost" full and then shake it, with the lid open, so the caps slide around. You will find that most of them will flip right side up and the rest I flip over with the tip of my knife, or a nipple pick. Don't fill it up completely, leave room for them to slide.
Mark

Hmmm, maybe I'm missing something here. I've used Ted Cash cappers for a long time, and to me the universal/revolver capper is even easier/faster to load from the tin than his rifle capper. Just dump from the tin and shake it gently to orient the caps.
:idunno:

Yup, that's the trick.
Put the thing on a table, pour the caps in and wiggle it back-n-forth quickly on the flat surface, most of'm flop over proper, :wink: :grin:

Papa said:
Skychief,
First, I hope you are putting caps into the capper and not "nipples". I just pour it "almost" full and then shake it, with the lid open, so the caps slide around. You will find that most of them will flip right side up and the rest I flip over with the tip of my knife, or a nipple pick. Don't fill it up completely, leave room for them to slide.
Mark

All that has been stated and I also use a set of pointy tweezers to flip those that dont on their own.
I have the tweezers so I can more easily fill my little brass straight cappers, so they are in the box anyways!

My experience was the same as the others Skychief...just pour in a tin of caps, gently slide it back and forth a little, tip over the remaining few with the tip of a tiny tip screwdiver, nail, etc, and enjoy

Papa said:
You will find that most of them will flip right side up and the rest I flip over with the tip of my knife,
necchi said:
pour the caps in and wiggle it back-n-forth quickly on the flat surface, most of'm flop over proper,
brett sr said:
I also use a set of pointy tweezers to flip those that dont on their own.
roundball said:
just pour in a tin of caps, gently slide it back and forth a little, tip over the remaining few with the tip of a tiny tip screwdiver, nail, etc, and enjoy
See, now why is that? Every time, no matter if it's caps or primers (when you reload)- seems there is always ONE that just won't flip, no matter how long you shake it.

:shake: Why is that? :idunno:

Capper said:
I have my capper trained to flip them over. I didn't get this name for nothing.
OK, so give it up Cap- what's your secret? HOW do you train 'em? I gotta kno- it's drivin' me crazy!
:youcrazy:

Dan

Back