• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

FIE nipple ?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brokennock

Cannon
Reaction score
A friend was given what looks to be a Remington replica cap and ball revolver. Other than proof marks the only stampings I can find are on the bottom of the grip tram and are very uneven so very faint at the top. "Italy" is quite clear, but before that appears to be "FIE" the tops of the letters aren't deeply stamped so hard to read.
Anyway, not my area of b.p. interest or knowledge, so I need some help. The gun is in great shape except the previous owner shot it to the point the nipples are too worn to hold caps. Any idea which replacement nipples, i.e. size, thread size, etc. are needed? Where to get them?

Thanks.

Track....send em a worn out nipple, they will match it and call for your card and ship right out! NOW I gotta do the same, i ordered a few from em for my favoritest 1849 pocket but they dont fit so I will send a good nipple and get some. When I rec'd from GB seller the gun preformed flawlessly for a few outings then started to misfire on a single chamber, seems one nipple too short to seat properly :youcrazy: Love that lil gun and plan to pack it hiking my favorite trail, this summer

FIE was an importer and not a manufacturer just for your imformation. They didn't import top of the line products and it's hard to say who made your friends revolver. From "the Blue Book of Gun Values":

"Previous importer (F.I.E. is the acronym for Firearms Import & Export) located in Hialeah, FL until 1990.
F.I.E. filed bankruptcy in November of 1990 and all models were discontinued. Some parts or service for these older firearms may be obtained through Numrich Gun Parts Corp. (see Trademark Index), even though all warranties on F.I.E. guns are void."

Thanks to all for the helpful responses. I figured I could get them from Track but didn't realize I could send it for a match up. I'll call them 1st.

Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back