• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Fears Deadly Deer Disease Could Infect Humans

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As I remember it, there have been a couple three highly suspicious cases of someone getting CJD like disease from consuming CWD infected deer. The establishment of course bad talked it and the media like usual censored it pretty fast too. So it leaves me to think that yes it could be transmitted to humans in done cases. It could be more bad luck with one’s genes kind of thing.
What I've seen here in Colorado over the years is the animal rights folks trying to use the CWD scare to cut down on Hunting to scare Hunters. We've had people sue the state over supposedly catching CWD. But there's no evidence. Cases could not move forward. Experts??? Have tried to suggest that it's transmissable to humans but it's mostly about scaring people. There's money and attention in making claims like this.

So contrary to a cover up it's the opposite.

There's only one study I know of that has been done. It was based upon the occurrence of brain diseases in people who live and farm bordering the south Platte River in Colorado. This has been a hot spot for cwd since it was found here. The people who live in and farm on this area have a long tradition of hunting for and consuming deer here. The occurrence of brain disease among those people over a 20 year period should the rate of occurrence to be no different than the rate across the US.

The human form of the prion disease is called Creutzfeldt Jacob disease. It seems to be spontaneous. It's not CWD. The immune system is responsible for clearing folded proteins. Some think that CJD is not uncommon but healthy immune systems clear it.

There's plenty of information available about CWD and CJD. When you encounter claims of human CWD, look hard at the source and the actual evidence.

What I've seen here in Colorado over the years is the animal rights folks trying to use the CWD scare to cut down on Hunting to scare Hunters. We've had people sue the state over supposedly catching CWD. But there's no evidence. Cases could not move forward. Experts??? Have tried to suggest that it's transmissable to humans but it's mostly about scaring people. There's money and attention in making claims like this.

So contrary to a cover up it's the opposite.

There's only one study I know of that has been done. It was based upon the occurrence of brain diseases in people who live and farm bordering the south Platte River in Colorado. This has been a hot spot for cwd since it was found here. The people who live in and farm on this area have a long tradition of hunting for and consuming deer here. The occurrence of brain disease among those people over a 20 year period should the rate of occurrence to be no different than the rate across the US.

The human form of the prion disease is called Creutzfeldt Jacob disease. It seems to be spontaneous. It's not CWD. The immune system is responsible for clearing folded proteins. Some think that CJD is not uncommon but healthy immune systems clear it.

There's plenty of information available about CWD and CJD. When you encounter claims of human CWD, look hard at the source and the actual evidence.
As usual, well said, LC.

Follow The Money. That can nowadays be construed as Follow The Agendas. Often one in the same.

Last edited:
I don’t believe in telling others what they should or should not be allowed to make a living at, within the bounds of morality of course, therefore I have no problem with the existence of game farms, hunting preserves etc.

I don’t believe in telling others what they should or should not be allowed to make a living at, within the bounds of morality of course, therefore I have no problem with the existence of game farms, hunting preserves etc.
Dope dealers, prostitutes, gang bangers, the mob....politicians.

All a question of morality and public consensus.

Of course it’s fear. That’s what they want, for us to be in fear. It may or may not happen but the fact is, they cannot pin one factual case of it spreading to humans.

Some states have been dealing with CWD for over 20 years.
Yes, of course, it's an attempt to control by instigating fear. It's not going to work in the case of CWD. It's been around in the deer population for a long time and never infected humans. Controlling the spread of CWD in the deer population is one factor in how the Wisconsin DNR determines how many deer tags they issue to deer hunters. The only thing to fear about CWD is not enough tags.

Now, if they get China working on it in Wuhan to make it transmissible to humans, THAT might be something to really be afraid of. Where is Fauci when they really need him?

Fish in a Barrel, can't get behind that. There's a market so be it, not for me. I did a game farm pheasant and quail hunt. Birds so doped up the dogs would bring em in and gently set em down and the "guides" would toss em in the air and they were shot. Some didn't even fly away and just plopped on the ground. I did shoot one pheasant but wouldn't eat it gave it to the buddy that invited me. NOT what I expected.

Yes, of course, it's an attempt to control by instigating fear. It's not going to work in the case of CWD. It's been around in the deer population for a long time and never infected humans. Controlling the spread of CWD in the deer population is one factor in how the Wisconsin DNR determines how many deer tags they issue to deer hunters. The only thing to fear about CWD is not enough tags.

Now, if they get China working on it in Wuhan to make it transmissible to humans, THAT might be something to really be afraid of. Where is Fauci when they really need him?
The Chinese Communist Party is more sinister than the Nazis, and smarter and more patient than the Russians. It is stunning how many Americans view them as just another trade competitor. History repeats itself and they want far more than control of Taiwan.

That was true for the virus that we now call COVID 19, but they had to mess around with gain-of-function, making it capable of attacking humans, and voila....,

LD
CWD is probably not a good candidate for weaponization. The method of spread is too intimate. They tried to spook us with monkey pox but the means of spreading made it openly obvious that it's not pandemic material. 🤣

You got that right.

Lyme is hell.

There's some indication that Lyme is a lab escapee. Not solid but.......... 😕

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/ar...ue,significant impact on disease pathogenesis.

Discusses the spontaneous nature of JCD in humans and immune system interactions. Also the similar prion diseases in animals.

I've also read studies that some deer seem to have a natural immunity to CWD. Not all study deer intentionally infected get it. A theory is that eventually the genetics of those deer will be dominant as they will, on average, live longer producing more CWD resistant offspring. Off course it will take hundreds of years to have any meaningful impact! 🤪

CWD has been in Wisconsin for well over 20 years; there has been no uptick in CJD or any other brain disease.

I have spent considerable time reading everything I could find regarding CWD over the years. My conclusion is that, despite all the research done and money spent, almost nothing is really known about the disease. Nearly all of the published "information" regarding CWD is speculation.

One major spreader is feeding deer which many people do so they can watch them. Same with baiting, anything that brings them together can be a point of infection.
One major spreader is feeding deer which many people do so they can watch them. Same with baiting, anything that brings them together can be a point of infection.
I too have heard that feeders ,baiting are a bad idea and help spread that disease. Here in Indiana starting late December through March deer heard up. I have seen heards of 12 all the way to 25+, eating and sleeping together. So why is that ok but when they gather around a baiting area that's bad?

Latest posts

Back