• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Fears Deadly Deer Disease Could Infect Humans

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The official story is this was first “discovered” in a research lab in Colorado years ago in some pined up elk that “escaped”. Then it spread.

Whatever one wants to believe, I reckon. But this ole boy ain’t buying that story.

CWD is new here in Florida. Just one case so far.

How do Coloradans deal with determining whether a killed deer is fit to eat or should be disposed of?
Any state, and there’s several, that has CWD animals, you can have the meat tested.

if you see or kill a sickly looking big game game animal, you would want to have it tested before eating the meat.

Wear rubber gloves when gutting out the critters.

Been going on for many years. Life continues.

CWD is new here in Florida. Just one case so far.

How do Coloradans deal with determining whether a killed deer is fit to eat or should be disposed of?
A biologist here in Virginia told me a whitetail can have the prions for up to 2 years before showing any symptoms. So it's a manure shoot whether or not you're killing an "infected" deer or not.

I live in a CWD management county. Our deer season is STILL open until the end of March, does only on private land. Fish & Game is doing everything they can to reduce the herd. Few are still hunting this time of year.

My sons and I still hunt, still kill, although we've backed down on how many we kill per season. Our criteria is, if it looks healthy, and acts normal, it's going in the freezer. We could get them tested for free if we wanted to, but don't bother with it. Opening day of rifle season in November is mandatory testing, but we haven't killed anything on opening day since they made that rule.

The only reason we are a CWD county is we are adjacent to a county where one or two were discovered. They may be over reacting, but staying on the safe side of caution. We don't/won't worry about it until we actually see a sick deer on the farm, and we haven't yet.

I think the not so hidden agenda, is they resist the idea of people having independent sources of food. The article that came out recently slamming the carbon footprint of home gardens is a perfect example...

There are safeguards with CWD, or tularemia, or brucellosis.... we are not dummies, or sheep.
Exactly. If you remember back during the plandemic, they were saying that deer could catch Covid. I think I remember seeing where some were discussing the sham “vaccine” for the deer.

My God!

IMG_3476.jpeg

As I remember it, there have been a couple three highly suspicious cases of someone getting CJD like disease from consuming CWD infected deer. The establishment of course bad talked it and the media like usual censored it pretty fast too. So it leaves me to think that yes it could be transmitted to humans in done cases. It could be more bad luck with one’s genes kind of thing.

Haven't hunted deer in years. But in the day cooked and ate the liver right there in the brush when dressing out the carcass.
I know plenty of people that do as well. I’ve even brought them some elk liver from some of my elk. But personally, I’ve never been that hungry myself.

Everybody to their own thang.

Latest posts

Back