• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Fearnaught Range Report-Offhand

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trench

62 Cal.
Reaction score
I finally found what this rifle likes to eat, and that's a .020 patch with a .440 ball with either 50gr or 70gr of FFFg Goex.

So, it was time to get back in to off-hand shooting. I've been away from this sort of practice for about a year. This target was very instructive. I thought I might have a learning curve with the single trigger on the rifle. I've been spoiled with set triggers on all my other rifles. As you can see, I need a little work to stay consistant. The three-shot group on the right shows where I got sloppy with the trigger. Otherwise, with some more practice, I've got one heck of a shooter here.

50yds Standing, Off-hand. 52gr of 3F, .020 patch and a .440 ball. The target is a 4in bull:

50yd08-04-12.jpg

Excellent... :hatsoff:

Roy builds a heck of a gun,... But this shows your its equal!!!

gizamo said:
Excellent... :hatsoff:

Roy builds a heck of a gun,... But this shows your its equal!!!

If I was an equal to a Roy Stroh gun, the sunlight would make my skin glimmer, women would want to meet me, and men would want to be me. :wink:

True, very true... :wink:

But did you know.... Roy shoots as good as his guns look. I shot a couple of woodswalks with him, this Spring. He cleaned our clocks.

Trench,
Your skin shimmers when your out shooting in this heat, your wife wants you AND men want to hang out and have a beer or some cherry bounce. Two out of three ain't bad. :rotf:

Cheers, DonK

P.S. keep shooting it will save you a lot of trouble.

35 year old eyes and steady nerves. That's some fancy shooting. Sets the bar for when I start shooting.

I went back over your original thread introducing us to Fearnaught and didn't find it - how much does she weigh? 44", 'B" weight, 45 caliber - should be about 9 pounds.

It's not just the gun, it's also the nut behind the butt! Good shootin' my friend!! :hatsoff:

Back