• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

English, Pennsylvania, or moravian fowler

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,
You don't want to be using a chambered breech like what Hatman showed. All you need is the breech plug with the hook on it, which can be made by cutting off the tang of the installed plug and filing the bolster into a hook. And then you need the receiving tang part. I believe Rice sells just the tang separately, which is all you need. The chambered breech is a feature on high quality guns in the last decade of the 18th century and the 19th century. It would not be correct for an English fowler from the mid 18th century.

dave

Hi,
You don't want to be using a chambered breech like what Hatman showed. All you need is the breech plug with the hook on it, which can be made by cutting off the tang of the installed plug and filing the bolster into a hook. And then you need the receiving tang part. I believe Rice sells just the tang separately, which is all you need. The chambered breech is a feature on high quality guns in the last decade of the 18th century and the 19th century. It would not be correct for an English fowler from the mid 18th century.

dave

If the hook breech idea fails would the Chambers Pennsylvania fowler do as well for may persona

Hi,

dave
Hi Dave, do you have any info/ideas about installing retaining pins to hold barrel keys on so as not to loose them?
Thanks, Rich

Back