• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

early rustic arms

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R.C.BINGAMAN

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello everyone, new guy on the block, not a computer wizz, been shooting black powder flinters about 40 yrs. Purchased a colonial smooth bore from e.r.a. about 18 months ago, have been in contact with Mr.Williams about delivery dates, Just a wonderin if any one else is waiting for a rifle or as in my situation a smoothbore. honest comments would be appreciated, this fowler is also going to be carved by Mike Miller,Ifeel like a expectant parent for a long over due child

We see many folks here WAITING for an ERA gun, but have heard from NO ONE who has taken delivery in over a year. The fellow says he is working but where the finished guns are, is anybodys guess. I wonder if he were to get a flood of cancled orders, if that would wake him up!?!

As far as your order goes....don't hold your breath....you will turn FAR past blue!

P

THANKS FOR THE IN-PUT POOR DEVIL,I will stay the course, as I AM REALLY LOOKING FOWARD TO THIS PIECE, It will be the first flower for me,been a shootin the rifled guns a long time, and am really excited about this smooth bore, all the accroutments are made and ready to go all I need is the fowler to go with them, there kinda lonley.As the old saying goes good things comes to those who wait, Will keep ya posted as things hopefully progress,this piece promises to be a fine looker

I have no experience with this builder but have seen some of the referenced posts, here and elsewhere.

I wish you the best with your gun, please do keep us informed.

You sound excited - what do you have on order? :grin:

:hatsoff:
Spot

I'm waiting on an ordered gun but not from ERA. My advice is just forget about it, it will get there.

R.C.Bingaman said:
this fowler is also going to be carved by Mike Miller,

Miller is going to carve on an ERA gun or are you speaking about another gun?

HELLO EVERYONE,Will pass on the following on the fowler, its a colonial smooth bore 62 cal. left hand lock,Queen Ann lock, with a super premium curley maple stock, sliding wood patch box, swivled and buttoned for a sling, vent pick inlay under the cheek piece,germanic styling or wide butt plate, iorn mounted. As to the MILLER carving E.R.A.offers a optional carving package from MIKE,I have not met or talked to Mr.Miller but have read and researched his work he is rated as a top builder,located in Pudacha Ky.The fowler will be barrled octogon to round in a 42in. coleraine barrel. The gun was originally ordered from Larry Williams, Kirksey, Ky. Trough phone conversations and mail correspondence I understand he has had some situations of a personal nature that required him to pretty much turn the bussiness over to his son Terry, whom has moved the shop to Camdenton, Missouri, Spoke to Terry, really nice guy, Like I stated in earlier posts, I am as anxious as a coon hound on a hot trail about this piece

Considering the circumstances of the recent move, I suspect that patience will pay off. While it seems that there are a lot of people waiting for a delivery from ERA, I'm sure they will get their piece when all of the kinks are ironed out from the move.

IMHO, I would rather wait a little longer and make sure I get a quality piece, rather than being unsatisfied with rush job.

God bless

Reminds me of the Yogi Berra quote:

"Nobody goes to that resturant: it's too crowded."

I'd take it as a good sign. I know he's farming out work to his son in Missouri in order to help with the business. Nothing spoils a good plan like success.

I just ordered a pistol conversion from a crusty gunsmith. He doesn't answer the phone, gives no e-mail address, only accepts checks or money orders and charges $10 for order inquiruies - which must be mailed in an envelope. My kind of guy! :-D Claims to be far behind in orders just the same (but how would you know?)

Don't mean to be a smart&%$ but I doubt that if anyone ordered a smoothbore from them that they are still waiting for a rifle to be delivered :wink: I heard they were slowed down somewhat when the buisness move from one state to another, I would not be concerned, I have heard similar situations on oher forums and the general concensus is positive.

HEY, CANNON GOT ME ON THE SMOOTH-RIFLED THING, IT IS SURLEY A SMOOTHBORE, DOUBLE CHECKED THE ORDER FORM,YEP ITS A SMOOTHIE

J.D., This is exactly what I am a gonna do, Quality is what its about,The last rifle I had built was by a Mr.H.Greenly of Greencastle Pa.took him 2 yrs. to put together the Issac Haines, but its a great RIFLE, and a fine shooter, and more than worth the waite.There was a bunch of research put into builders for the fowler with-in the price range I could afford, I am sure E.R.A. will not dissapoint me, Thanks for the in-put

I have heard good things about ERA since they first started. I am sure you will enjoy the gun...smoothbore...rifle...arquebuss...gonne.. the thingy that goes boom! enjoy the journey.

Hello, everyone recieved a bit of info on a trekking forum about E.R.A. Fellow there just recieved a rifle from Mr. Williams. He stated that his waiting period was a bit over 18 mos.His order number was just a bit ahead of mine. Appears that things might be gatting caught up for E.R.A. Will keep everyone posted as as things progress. BING

Been away from this site for awhile. Just for info, I purchased a Committee of Safety Musket from Larry at ERA, took a year for him to build it, and this was at his last location.

I talked to him once every couple of months during the build (probably slowed him down a bit :wink: ) He is one of the nicest guys I have talked to; down to earth and a hard worker. He did for me everything he promised and I am very pleased with his work.

I understand that there has been a transition in his life, but im my humble opinion, he will do you right. It may take a while, but you will be happy.

Patriot

Back