• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Dutch Schultz' Accuracy Method

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ALL OR MOST SUBSCRIBERS SIMPLY PRINT OUT THE EBOOK.
THE "BOOK" WAS ORIGINALLY A COLLECTION OF PRINTED PAPERS PRODUCED OVER A NUMBER OF YEARS.
I APOLOGIZE ABOYT THE DISINKTEGRATIO DRY LUBED PATCHES. . I GET SO MANY POSTS I MUST HAVE GOTTEN CONFUSED.
DUTCH
That's ok sir. I appreciate your hard work and sharing your knowledge. I will be purchasing your book and get one of my younger family members to get it printed off for me. I like reading regular paper because I can lie in my bed and read it better, thanks again!

I still have the Dutch book here. Years ago I followed the method. I took a micrometer to a sewing shop to measure denim thickness, weighed bullets, used water soluable oil, and followed the directions. Things worked well.

I still have the Dutch book here. Years ago I followed the method. I took a micrometer to a sewing shop to measure denim thickness, weighed bullets, used water soluable oil, and followed the directions. Things worked well.
The current electronic version of Dutch's book is now 94 pages if you print it out. He keeps adding to his findings. His system does work. There are minor variants that work well also, but they all agree on the fundamentals.

THAT.S A fine target which you say was the result of
Rick.s Method.
Can you give us an idea of what Rick.s method might be.
Any method that gets results like that is worth hearing about
Dutch Schoultz

No secrets! Rather just a combination of the correct thickness patch with a good ball. I use Hornady swaged balls of .530" diameter and total application of marksmanship rules which are unyielding in the demand for good accuracy which includes the ability to not flinch and to keep the vision upon the front sight during trigger control. Maintenance of position from shot to shot is necessary! These three shots were done with pillow ticking patches of .020" thickness and spit from my mouth and no wiping betwixt shots.

Hi . I have been trying to contact Dutch for some time . I know he wasn't well and is ninety or so . My question is , is he still above ground ?
Cheers Dunc .

Back