• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Durable patch worm

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Janissary

32 Cal
Reaction score
I got one of those standard patch worms as sold by Traditions/Muzzle-Loaders/etc but I found the wires bent pretty easily, I could bend them back into shape but don't know how long until they get too messed up. And then, this week I had a ball down the barrel and didn't know it, I thought I might have a patch so I tried to pull, and in the process broke the wires.

Is there a way to buy or make a patch worm that will last me many years?

You can make one out of a brass or copper wire. I've also found the worm with the corkscrew shape works well, and has been durable.

Attachments

• worm-cork-10_1.jpg
    worm-cork-10_1.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 0
  • worm-pr-s_1.jpg
    worm-pr-s_1.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 0
A guy name of Dan Firth makes some nice ones. He is on ALR web site or is he on here? Anyway he makes what you want.

A guy name of Dan Firth makes some nice ones. He is on ALR web site or is he on here? Anyway he makes what you want.
I misspelled Dan's last name -- it is "Dan Fruth - Loudonville, Ohio" and he is on the ALR forum. He makes very nice stuff - check him out:thumb::ThankYou:

Back