• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

dragoon nipple help?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1911nutjob

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I've been trying to find a set of treso nipples for my uberti 3rd model dragoon (very recent purchase). Looked at the usual suspects like dixie and the possibles shop, and both are out of stock. Dixie even rejected my backorder attempt. TOTW has replacements listed as "fits most manufacturers", but I'm reluctant to take the chance since they don't get as specific as the other sellers on compatibility. Anyone here who can comment on that? Maybe have a part number? Google doesn't return much.

The problem is that Uberti, and other Italian gun manufactures are notorious for not keeping standards in regards to their nipples. I've had two of same model gun (1851 Navy) from Uberti and they used two completely different nipples. A lot of it has to do on when the gun was made.

I would go with TOW's nipples. They can't guarantee they will fit, because it is impossible to do so. If you are very concerned about getting the correct fit simply send them one of the original nipples to match. That's what I had to do, and it led to them manufacturing a new series of nipples that hadn't been documented yet.

Chances are that the nipple they recommend for your particular gun will be the correct ones. But just be prepared that you might have an odd ball on your hands.

Forrest said:
The problem is that Uberti, and other Italian gun manufactures are notorious for not keeping standards in regards to their nipples. I've had two of same model gun (1851 Navy) from Uberti and they used two completely different nipples. A lot of it has to do on when the gun was made.

I would go with TOW's nipples. They can't guarantee they will fit, because it is impossible to do so. If you are very concerned about getting the correct fit simply send them one of the original nipples to match. That's what I had to do, and it led to them manufacturing a new series of nipples that hadn't been documented yet.

Chances are that the nipple they recommend for your particular gun will be the correct ones. But just be prepared that you might have an odd ball on your hands.
I bought the gun this summer and I don't think it's old stock. Looks like I'll try the TOTW nipples. I'm looking to standardize all my pistols to take the same size cap. I can find #10's around here but #11 is much easier to come by. Pietta is just as bad with nipples as Uberti; my eighteen year old 1862 uses #11 but my new spare cylinder uses #10.

Back