• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Don't shortchange yourself on good light

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ever since I started tedious work in the 70s I struggled getting enough light. In the old days the light was not bad, but cooked my head.:mad: Now thanks to LED lights you get more light and no heat :)
This is one of the lights I use in my work area.

Remember ya can't fix or make it, if ya can't see it.😂
Larry
IMG_6106.jpeg

Remember ya can't fix or make it, if ya can't see it.😂
... and I think worth pointing out that as a person gets older they need more light to see the same as they saw decades ago, even with corrective lenses.

I see an Optivisor in the background there in your pic. Great idea. I think I'm going to get me one.

LED lighting is wonderful! You get far more light for a LOT less electricity usage. An example; a 40 watt equivalent LED bulb uses five and a half watts to produce the same (more actually) as the incandescent 40 watt. LED fluorescents do even better in my opinion.

Rural King sells China made 4 foot LED shop lights for really cheap and my shop and garage are plastered with 'em.

I still use a 600 lumen LED headlamp though to shine bright light directly on what I'm looking at and working on.

... and I think worth pointing out that as a person gets older they need more light to see the same as they saw decades ago, even with corrective lenses.

I see an Optivisor in the background there in your pic. Great idea. I think I'm going to get me one.
You can’t work on what you can’t see. Get one.

I use a headlamp for close-up work. The light is closer to my eyes so it reduces shadows, and with new LEDs, I can get hours off of a single rechargeable battery.

LED tech (and price) has changed dramatically over the past five or so years. Some of the cheaper flashlights now are unbelievably bright, I have one that's an inch in diameter and about 4-5 in long, and is brighter than my high beams. It cost less than $25.

Larry, you can't fool me, no way you are actually working on that bench! where are the 4 layers of files ,gouges, scrapers, chisels, hammers, sand paper, multiple screw drivers, new and used sandpaper, half an old sandwich from a business long out of business, the cell phone you lost and bought a replacement that you lost and might find on the other end of the bench, and 14 empty shipping envelopes with matching bubble wrap, and that filled out order to L&R that you thought you sent and wondered why you never got the lock.
i avoid more light so i can't see the mess.

Back