• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Dissolving Acraglas

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you have any pic's?
Here is the mess. Another bonus is that I was worried about getting trigger repinned, so left it in an had some grease all over it. Well, the shifting mashed Acraglas into gaps. It ain't going anywhere.
IMG_20220524_084636111.jpg
IMG_20220524_084645821.jpg
IMG_20220524_084656296.jpg

I have done stock refinishing for over 30 years, and usually submerse stocks in a deep tank full of pure lacquer thinner for a day or two to remove oil soak and old finish. Once I accidentally discovered that the lacquer thinner also softened the glass bedding on an unmentionable stock once. It was so soft it could be removed with a screwdriver. Not saying it will work on all epoxy bedding, but it will on some. The only rub is it takes a lot of thinner.

Yikes!! You sure aren't from around here, Erwan!! In full disclosure, there is a gallon of MEK in my barn, but it's been there for about 25 years and my wife is very strongly against my using it. I'm not sure where I'd be able to buy it today. The places you used to be able to get it simply don't carry it any longer, and instead carry "MEK substitutes". Pas de MEK.
Yep, I'm an old man, but that doesn't mean I'm brain-dead or from Mars. If you want some, at home or at my place, you don't have to look far: you can also find some at Amazon...
No need for substitutes: butanone (often also methyl ethyl ketone, MEK for short) is one of the most important industrial ketones used besides acetone.
It's just a little harder for more than a gallon.
- Here
- Somewhere here
- Et même ici.

An end-user statement is required for packages of 5 liters or more.

I'm impressed. Mostly I think I'm impressed that they'll sell anybody MEK but not gunpowder. 😂 😂 😂
As for the powder, there is no problem, after 18 of course. Living in Absurdistan (or in Macronie as you prefer: it's the same), the country where the president was re-elected by the beavers, the limit is 2 Kg of black powder for purchase and 2 Kg in storage, but we're doing pretty well, you just need to be a little organized.
This is only for US substitutes like T7 or Pyro. sometimes it's a little more difficult. This is currently somewhat the case for primers, but I think the problem is the same in the USA.....
As Tuco Benedicto Pacífico Juan María Ramírez would have said: "You see, in this world there are two types of people: those who know how to do a primary and those who don't know"... those who do not know ............ they dig.

Good old (nasty) methylene chloride will dissolve almost all epoxies and paints. It's just harder to get now.

Back