• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Dedicated to all the hunters with black powder

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have thought that anything posted on a website by a private member of that website was protected...that it wasn't "open Internet" information that somebody could just copy and use however they saw fit...??

roundball said:
I would have thought that anything posted on a website by a private member of that website was protected...that it wasn't "open Internet" information that somebody could just copy and use however they saw fit...??

:hmm:
Surprises me too.

roundball said:

I would like to give my modest opinion....internet is an open window to the world the proof is that i communicated with you to thousands of kilometers, which is why i believe that anyone who puts a photo or video makes it look forward to see how many more people better and in the case of my video been without any benefit own, simply to promote a hobby.

However, if my video to bothered someone i apologize

I was never under the impression that anything on the 'net was "private" (unless copyrighted, of course). This wasn't done for profit either, so I don't think anything was done improperly.

(Maybe one of our resident lawyers will chime in.)

Not sure how I would have reacted if I saw myself in that video. I can say I was relieved to see I wasn't in it. I would never do something like this without talking to everyone thats being displayed in it and getting their blessing. I would also expect the same respect shown to me if someone was thinking of using one of my pictures.

At this point I don't have any reason to believe that the intent of the video was anything but honorable.

However, I raised the question due to the total surprise at seeing so many photos from the MLF...a member website...of both harvests and members consolidated into an Internet video, without the courtesy of member awareness, discussions, sanctions, etc.

I understand what you're sayin' but... regardless of whether we're "members" or not, the content of the forum (text and photos) are viewable by anyone in the world anyhow.

________I don't!__________

RB..to delete your self from the video ..just go to your picture web site(photobucket) and remove that picture ..Try it it may work!

I try hard to keep any photos of myself off the Internet.
A couple years ago my Daughter twisted my arm to get me to open a facebook account...and not wanting to post a photo of myself for privacy sake, I posted a picture of a new Flintlock I'd just had built.

An hour or so later, she sent me an Email saying she was glad to see I'd registered, but I needed to lose the photo of the gun for fear that people would think I was a nut.
I replied, no sweat, I'll take care of it immediately...signed back on and deleted my account completely...LOL.

This thread probably needs to be moved to the non-muzzleloading section

Swampy said:
Not sure how I would have reacted if I saw myself in that video. I can say I was relieved to see I wasn't in it. I would never do something like this without talking to everyone thats being displayed in it and getting their blessing. I would also expect the same respect shown to me if someone was thinking of using one of my pictures.

I am sorry but i don't think as you ..... i would be proud that any one of you i would take into account to mount a video about our hobby.

I my photos that i want are private i have in a book saved in a drawer in my house .... not put them on the internet.

It's pretty much public access once it hits the Internet. If you make it private the links or properties can't be copied. We don't have that feature here. Some website do. You can scramble your Photobucket account links (using Photobucket's settings) making them much harder to lift that way.

I see several familiar faces there. Even TG made it! I liked it.

I liked it! Certainly answers those who say that a muzzleloader isn't powerful enough to kill big game.
:hatsoff:

I thought it was cool. I didn't make it on there but it was cool. Ron

Well, I missed that..

As I stated I would never put together something like this without talking to the people that are going to be in it first. Thats me, doesn't mean anyone else has to see it that way. I can't help how I see things, thats just me. :v

I agree and you have nothing to apologize for or explain away.
While individuals may have posted their material on this website it's done as a member, in the context and expectation it was a member contribution for this site.

Making such an unannounced video of all that material and posting it on you-tube without the courtesy of a prior discussion & approval of those whose material was copied is inappropriate as far as I'm concerned.

A perfect example of why people should never put photos of them selves and/or their true identiy on the Internet...somebody is bound to steal it / use it for some reason or another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back