• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Dan & Mike's Excellent Adventure

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like the looks of a hot-blued barrel over a browned or white one. However, I never realized what a pain it is to do with a long barrel until I did one. Finding a long container that will hold boiling water is the biggest problem but I got some good tips when I complained about it here.

BillinOregon said:
After that workout, I'll bet you boys actually lost weight on the trip.

:wink:
-----------------------------------------------

Deb's Carrot cake with chunky walnuts(No Raisins)
Cream cheese frosting....

P2140392_zpsptrfr4ua.jpg

Instead of boiling tanks I use a mapp gas torch and a spray bottle of water...same results.YmmV :thumbsup:

This barrel has even color the length...("A" weight)
When the water evaporates you move the heat...its instantaneous. You will get a feel for it depending on what weight barrel your heating...Have rust blued (in tanks)by the dozen(gunsmithing school) in a different life n far far away! HaHa! But those were cf barrels and fine details mattered.(Mostly high end shotguns dbl bbls)
Give it a shot....I have oil soaked patches in the breech threads and muzzle during blueing and oil the bore before hand....
Shot the blued barrel this afternoon..it took 3 shots to reset barrel back to normal(light loads 25 gr 2f swiss)..last 2 were dead center at 45 yards..my max for head shots due to vision and size of front sight.
No more snow sun glare!

I have to say that your lease, with the old farmhouse, is exactly what I'd like to find to retire to when i am done working. Looks like heaven.

Latest posts

Back