• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

cva squirrel sights--too low

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nifeman

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Got a cva squirrel gun and the rear sight seems to be too low. I can't get a good sight picture (too much front sight stickin up), raisin the rear sight sure ain't going to help. Only way to get the front bead nestled in, is to slide my head way back the stock in order to get more drop. Could I extend the pull by adding a piece onto the stock or what?? It's a shame cause it's a nice little rifle...Help!!! Bud

I have close to the same issue on my TC hawken..not enough drop in the stock!
I am definatly zero'd in and the gun shoots well but I need to bring my head back as well in order to get a good sight picture and alignment.

Do you have enough wood in the stock to play with and maybe reconfigure the drop by wood removal and butt plate filing?

Not all men are made the same!

I'll have to play with it a bit. Might could do a little "stock removal". Shouldn't take much, since I got baby soft skin :rotf: . Thanks for tips guys. Custom might not be a bad way to go either. Hmmm...Bud

If you decide to go custom, I am looking for a squirrel rifle stock - either CVA or custom. Let me know what you find!

I've seen lots of folks try to shoulder the rifle instead of shooting it from the arm- like it was intended to be. Makes a big difference in your cheek weld. I'm 6-3 and love to shoot my .32 Squirrel Thumper, BUT I don't shoulder it!!! I have the original sights on mine. I did put a wide piece of rubber band under the blade(trim off excess with a knife)to keep it from moving sideways. Tightened the groups up tremendously!!!

I ran into the same problem with my Seneca. It helped shooting from the arm and not the shoulder. I also found out that when I'm tree rat hunting the gun fits perfectly when I'm aiming up.

I called cva years ago and ordered some front and rear sites for my rifles. My rifles shoot great with the adjustable sites. If you think you might want to change your sites call cva they should have what you need. My rifles shoot 100% better.

Back