• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

CVA rifle age and price

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
walruskid1 said:
a lot of folks look down their noses at the old cva rifles. too bad, because their missing out on accurate rifles at a bargain price.

I agree! Here's a sight in target shot at 25 yards with my Frontier. Elbows rested. The big hole is a 5 shot group. Then I tweaked the sights and shot the 2 in the middle. A buddy shot the circled one so it don't count. He showed up to go bowhuntin' and had to try one... Purty decent for a cheap gun.
Picturesfromoldcomputer340.jpg

Ghost,
You're right the stores are having a hard time selling traditional rifles. The local sport shop has had a TC Renegate in 54 cal for over a year now. The rifle appears to be unfired and has the double set triggers plus the box. They priced it at $300 and it sits there with no one even looking at it. If anyone is looing for one of these let me know and I'l provide you with the phone number. Looks like traditional rifles are on the way out as I do not see them in stores around here in Wisconsin.

The TC rifle is at Riverbend Sports located in Waupaca, WI telephone: (715) 258-3583. It is in real good shape and if you talk to the manager Jack you may be able to work a deal.

Walker357 said:
Hey Jethro, what gun shop, what caliber? :hmm:

Pekin Gun and Sporting Goods 309-347-6060
I'm pretty sure it was a .50 but not positive.
Barrel is browned. Looked to be in decent shape at a casual inspection...

WELL if traditional guns are goin down in sales,ya can't prove it by the e auction site...gees! cva mountain rifle 50 cal barrel..flintlock,jes the barrel, over $150! stock went fer bout $80..an to different bidders,,add $25 shipping too!(each!) and t/c's jeepers they seperate them,an they go fer more than a gunshop fer the whole thing....plus shipping! guess these people can't find them elsewheres..that is sad.! :( RC

150$ plus shipping for a used CVA flintlock barrel when a new Sharon sold for less than 100 the day before with the plug in it. I love my Mountain rifle, but the Douglas barrel would be hard pressed to bring 150$ plus shipping!

Back