• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

CVA GONE

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ONEYEDIK

32 Cal.
Reaction score
i needed some stuff for a cva rifle.......when i finally got ahold of them.....they told me that they no longer have anything to do with side hammer guns..........another one bites the dust........said to call deer creek.....they are in ind. somewhere

Have no fear most of the lock parts are interchangable from CVA and Traditions.Most other parts are available from many sources.

call Deer Creek Products,765-525-6181. they are wicked nice folks, great to deal with and have a ton of CVA stuff

Yep, CVA gave up the traditional guns a few years back. Sad too, they had been selling them for as long as I remember. We lost Austin & Halleck a couple years back too. There aren't many traditional factory guns left.

Just don't get involved with Deer Creek in Florida.
It is not the same company as the Indiana place.
I don't think the Indiana Deer Creek has a web site so use the phone number. :)

They are reachable by phone and snail mail only! Great folks to do business with and they will take a visa card!
My experience was terrific and quick.
One item that will help them get the right parts if it involves the lock, is to have the lock out of the gun and in front of you while on the phone!
I found that cva used two styles of locks and the difference can only be found if it is out of the gun.

Bummer.....My .50 cal St. Louis Hawken was my first kit gun. It doesn't compare to my GPR but it is a fine shooter.

To be honest I never cared for CVA. I had a couple of rifles over the years and I didn't like either one. So the news doesn't bother me a bit. Ron

I have a CVA PA longrifle that shoots great. Actually, I have won some matches with this rifle. The lock seems to be the rifle's weakest link.
I have thought about replacing the original lock with one of the L&R replacement locks. However, I haven't seen the L&R replacement locks advertised recently. Hopefully, L&R still makes the replacement CVA locks.
8905c

They will still honor the warranty, depends on who you talk to. My hunting pard just had the powder drum replace and shipped back at no charge!

ky choctaw -

Thanks for the info.
I will give Cain's a call.
I really do like this rifle, and as I mentioned, it shoots great. I feel the L&R replacement lock will be a great improvement.
Thanks again for your response.
8905c

Rogue River said:
They will still honor the warranty, depends on who you talk to. My hunting pard just had the powder drum replace and shipped back at no charge!

Yep they only have a limited supply of parts that they can do warranty work on. The drums are one of them. They sold most of their stock to deercreek and they always gave me their number if they (cva) didnt have it in stock.

i tell you though, cva's customer service on their other muzzleloader department is awesome.

like other said deer creek in INDy great folks besure to have your info as laster CVA adn early CVA fhad some differeances
The guy at deer creek is gret to chat with and every time i delt with them excahnge or refunds were made easy
Yes there are other suppiers outthere who have just as good service its great to know not every business has turned cold

Back