• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD CVA Frontier Percussion Lock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ajbennettnc

20-to-the-pound
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I have an older Jukar Kentucky stock that this lock fits the mortise of, but the back sidenail/lockbolt hole don't line up. On the Kentucky lock, the upper sidenail hole is ahead of the hammer. On this lock, at halfcock the hole is aligned with the middle of the hammer shank. The slight bevel that the drum sits behind appears also to be for ease of removal of the Frontier rifle's hooked breech barrel.

From what I can tell from pictures I found online it would fit on a CVA Frontier. This lock is in good condition, perhaps never used. The spring is stout!
$55 shipped within CONUS. PM if interested. PayPal or Venmo Friends and Family or check or money order accepted.

Attachments

• 20231202_234302.jpg
    20231202_234302.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 5
  • 20231202_234320.jpg
    20231202_234320.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20231202_234326.jpg
    20231202_234326.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20231202_234335.jpg
    20231202_234335.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20231202_234310.jpg
    20231202_234310.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
I have an older Jukar Kentucky stock that this lock fits the mortise of, but the back sidenail/lockbolt hole don't line up. On the Kentucky lock, the upper sidenail hole is ahead of the hammer. On this lock, at halfcock the hole is aligned with the middle of the hammer shank. The slight bevel that the drum sits behind appears also to be for ease of removal of the Frontier rifle's hooked breech barrel.

From what I can tell from pictures I found online it would fit on a CVA Frontier. This lock is in good condition, perhaps never used. The spring is stout!
$55 shipped within CONUS. PM if interested. PayPal or Venmo Friends and Family or check or money order accepted.
I don't know if this lock was used on the CVA frontier I thought that one had a rounded tail. I can say this was the lock used on the 2nd model CVA Kentucky rifle and also the CVA Kentucky pistol.

Visited my dad, who has a CVA Frontier, and made sure that my lock fit his carbine. It is pictured on the gun here. The Frontier is not for sale, just my spare lock that this ad is for.

Attachments

• 20231226_111024.jpg
    20231226_111024.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 0
I have an 80s Era frontier kit that doesn't resemble this one. I'm pretty sure what you have there is the cva Kentucky/jukar rifle. Lack of bridle is one clue. Not trying to interfere with your sale! In fact, I think it's a good deal on the lock if it's in good condition.

I have an 80s Era frontier kit that doesn't resemble this one. I'm pretty sure what you have there is the cva Kentucky/jukar rifle. Lack of bridle is one clue. Not trying to interfere with your sale! In fact, I think it's a good deal on the lock if it's in good condition.
I understand! No offenses are taken. Just realized that the pic didn't post earlier and got it fixed now. I don't know what exactly this lock is, but it does match the Frontier we've got, which might be one of the earlier ones. I do appreciate your input Longcruise, as I'm all about figuring out and discussing stuff about any sidelock MLs!
It could be that my lock I'm selling is from a later production CVA Kentucky, of the type that had washers rather than a sideplate for the lock bolts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back