• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

CVA 1860 Army

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Had a little incident while cleaning my revolver, a CVA 1860 Army Revolver. I lost a nipple ( :nono: don't go there). Does anyone know what size they were, and where I can get a replacement?

Track of the wolf has em....call to discuss, they fax or e-mail ya an invoice you send the moohlah you get the nipple. Think what else ya need too and save some freight!

I owned a CVA cap and ball revolver and unlike the rifles and single shot pistols they imported, it was made in Italy (rather than Spain).

That probably puts it into the same category as the other Italian pistols made back in the 1970's and '80's.

That probably makes it a 6mm X .75mm thread size but it is wise to take one of the other nipples to a auto supply or hardware store and have them measure its thread size to make sure.

As you probably know, there are rifle nipples and cap and ball nipples.
The C&B nipples are shorter than the rifle nipples.

Here's a link to TOTW's nipples.
http://www.trackofthewolf.com/List/Item.aspx/807/1

Last edited by a moderator:
Deer Creek in Indiana has a large stock of CVA parts. Jim is a great guy to deal with.They don't have a website but the phone# is fairly easy to find online.

Don't forget Dixie Gun Works. You don't have to buy the catalog any more- just check out the website, ask for a "tech" when you call and you'll be put in touch with someone that knows their stuff- not just an order taker. They'll get you up and running.
I've had GOOD LUCK with Dixie Gun Works. I bought an iron trigger guard for a Hawken type rifle. When I took off the scale there was an air pocket. I called up and they sent another- no questions asked. THAT one also had an air pocket. GEEZ... Well I called again and spoke to a tech, told him on both the air pocket was in the same place- on an outside bend and visible. I think the guy's name was Jamie. He said, no problem, I'll grind down a guard here in that area to make sure it is okay and send it out. Now that's GOOD customer service and I'm repeating here because they deserve the pat on the back. I buy from them whenever possible because good folks like that need to be around. I'm not plugging them- just letting other folks here know.

Back