• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Crockett mainspring

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BradCayton

40 Cal
Reaction score
I bought a new Traditions Crockett a few weeks ago, shot it and when I took the lock off to clean it the mainspring came out in two pieces. I called Traditions and a fellow told me they would send a replacement when they were in stock. 3 weeks and still no mainspring. I've found replacements for Traditions locks online but all have said "will not fit the Crockett". Anyone have any idea where I could find one? I would really like to play with this rifle.

Thanks mooman. I saw the small mainspring on ebay you mentioned. I'm also guessing the crocket has a small lock. May try one to see if I can make it work.

20210306_191752.jpg

You'll need a main spring vise to install the new spring. They have that tool for about $20.00. You can use vise grips I guess. But might mar the metal if not careful.

Thank you deermanct!!!! I do have a couple main spring vises.
I had went to their website but couldn't find anyway to see the part I needed and couldn't get the "contact us by email" link to work for me so I ordered their catalog.
The parts picture you posted has the email address on it so I emailed them for a price so I can order a couple.
Thanks again for the help!

Latest posts

Back