• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Crew Commands "en francais"

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waterman

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Hey All,

Does anyone have or have acess to gun crew commands in French c.a. 1756?

Cheers, Bill

Maybe! We have some French language commands that we're trying to adapt to our 1815-"style" cannon drill that the National Park Service mandates.

Please contact me at:

[email protected]

Capt. William

The only one I know is 'fire'. Pronounced 'tee ray' They never taught me anything useful in French class!

I do I do,

Just got done cleaning out my room at my parents house. They were put together by my old French Unit from La Baye, mostly Garry Barker did the work, and had the cannon, but I ran the cannon crew. There are boxes to go through, but I had my hands on them and now they are in my basement.

Pat

Pat,

Post 'em for all of us!!!! Or, I guess I have to put my email address in profiles so that you can PM me.

Cheers, Bill

OKay, I found it, will spend a little time typing it out for you. What this is a what was submitted to The forces of Montcalm and Wolfe in December of 1990. Gary Barker did all of the grunt work on this, we as members of Compangnies Franches de La Marine De la Baye helped out. I should add we broke up the company about 10 years ago. Oh well, we did have a little fun...

There is 23 pages of safety rules and drills if anyone wants a copy I would send it to you. It is quite a lot of work put into it:

1) Assemble "Ressemblez" crew assmebles behind gun.

2) Take Positons "Au canon" Crew takes postions for firing beind gun.

3) Make ready "Appretez le canon" Assistant gunner thumbs vent, mumber one and number two picks up tools, powder monkey takes cartridge from chest and places it in haversack

4) Search "Sondez" Number one searches and inspects bore

5) Sponge "Ecouvillez" Number twp sponges piece and with the help of number one tilts the tube to drain excess water. Number two then inspects the bore.

6) Handle Cartridge "Preniz la cartouche" Powder monkey walks to in front of number one, removes the cartidge from the haversack and hands it to number one

7) Place Cartridge "Mettez la carouche dans le canon" Number one places the cartridge in the muzzle of the cannon.

8) Ram "Bourez" Number two rams cartrige dwon bore in one single motion

9) Pierce Cartridge "Percez" Gunner pierces cartridge with the priming wire

10) Aim "En Joue" Gunner aims, assistant gunners moves trail with handspikes, Numbers one and two assist on wheels

11) Fire "Feu" Gunner fires.

Well that's it, and the most typing I have done since highschool 25 years ago!

Enjoy

Pat

Back