• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Coastal Mortar Replica

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very impressive. I have built a few golf ball mortars from 4140, but not as nice as that mortar. What I would do for access to a machine shop again! :hmm:

Once the barrel is back from sandblasting, it can be fitted.

P1010147.jpg

P1010148.jpg

This mortar bed is nice and solid. Can wait to shoot my first can of concrete. :grin:

Keep the cans, we will shoot the first ones filled with sand I think. Don't know where I am going to get a bag of cement before the weekend.

You know what time I get home, and what time Builders close?? :cursing:

Only need to guess that the closing time is before my getting home time. :surrender:

You can fill the can with plaster of paris. However, don't use loose dirt like I tried once. The exploding powder blew through the can, tossed the can from the muzzle and as for the dirt, we were covered in it. :redface: It's funny now that I think about it. :grin: Gawd does protect idjits. :bow:

Heinrich said:
Ok, here be more progress. Trunnions in, and the little cup thingy is welded in place behind the flash hole.

Thor10.jpg

Thor11.jpg

Technically the barrel is finished, ready to be mounted on the weekend.

Very very nice indeed. :bow: :thumbsup:

Thanks Pitchy :thumbsup:

Ok, got the barrel back from the sandblasters today. As you can see it is on the bed. Unfortunately there is still some fitting too be done, only a few more millimeters of wood to sand away.

P1010157.jpg

P1010155.jpg

P1010153.jpg

Was not just a matter of dropping in the trunnions. The trunnion caps however did fit perfectly.

greetings heinrich,

the pictures of the 18th did not show up, all i got was a small red x on the page.

..ttfn..grampa..

Sorry to hear Grampa, they were doing maintenance on Photobucket I understand.

Tomorrow is the big day to range test. :grin:

PLEASE take a digital camera anda tripod. :thumbsup: Video mode works good too !
Good luck to you sir with this new beauty. :bow:

Back