• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

N-SSA Spring Shoot ( using Cannon & Mortars ) Fun

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Being a former N-SSA member, I have watched the cannon and mortar matches for years. Hearing the brass mortars "ring" increased the enjoyment. One highlight (pun intended) was seeing the cannons fired after dark. The targets were illuminated by road flares and the flash of each cannon as it was fired was tremendous.

Being a former N-SSA member, I have watched the cannon and mortar matches for years. Hearing the brass mortars "ring" increased the enjoyment. One highlight (pun intended) was seeing the cannons fired after dark. The targets were illuminated by road flares and the flash of each cannon as it was fired was tremendous.
If a night shoot ever happens...I would definitely love to catch that on camera!

I am a current NSSA member. McGregor's 2nd. Contact me if you are interested in joining or coming to watch. Every team is looking for members so you can find a group that fits your style. Like most historic organizations, it loaded with old guys and shrinking membership. It is a beautiful setting with like-minded people. Fall Nationals are October 4-8. The range is located about 15 miles from Winchester VA. It is open to the public. Saturday is the best day for spectators. You can see CW pistol, carbine & cannon competitions. Sutlers are open with all sorts of BP stuff for sale. Back Creek Gun Shop is a great place to buy BP supplies and it located at the exit. 540-888-3349 Back Creek Gun Shop, Winchester Va - Black Powder & Musket Caps - Goex, Swiss, & Schuetzen black powder, musket & pistol caps, lube, patches. N-SSA If you want to buy some supplies from the shop contact Jackie, the owner and make an appointment. Hope some of you come out.

Tom

I am a current NSSA member. McGregor's 2nd. Contact me if you are interested in joining or coming to watch. Every team is looking for members so you can find a group that fits your style. Like most historic organizations, it loaded with old guys and shrinking membership. It is a beautiful setting with like-minded people. Fall Nationals are October 4-8. The range is located about 15 miles from Winchester VA. It is open to the public. Saturday is the best day for spectators. You can see CW pistol, carbine & cannon competitions. Sutlers are open with all sorts of BP stuff for sale. Back Creek Gun Shop is a great place to buy BP supplies and it located at the exit. 540-888-3349 Back Creek Gun Shop, Winchester Va - Black Powder & Musket Caps - Goex, Swiss, & Schuetzen black powder, musket & pistol caps, lube, patches. N-SSA If you want to buy some supplies from the shop contact Jackie, the owner and make an appointment. Hope some of you come out.

Tom
My bride & I are planning to visit the NSSA in October to put the fun on video again.
I'm already looking forward to attending this cool event.

Back