• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

CO2 UNLOADER

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doc623

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I have done the search.
I am now more confused than before.
I would like to add discharger - co2 type to my bag.
Which one?

I got one with interchangeable nozzles for different types of muzzleloaders. More pieces to get lost. I've found that the one intended for flinters actually works better on cappers than the the one intended for them. Just press the skinny little tip into the top of a nipple. Buying another, I'd get the flinter version whether I owned a flinter or not.

Get the one from Cabelas. This one uses the large Co2 cylinder. It takes the one used to blow up life vest. The others use the little weak Co2 cyls. used in air guns, useless. The large one can be bought from Cabelas or Marine Supply stores. I would also order an extra adapter for $11.99 as you can break a tip off. :thumbsup:

Well, I looked around too.
And came to the conclusion that the ones sold here in Germany - mainly from Pedersoli - aren´t what I´m looking for.
A fellow forum member now ordered me one from Cabelas and will then send it to me. :thumbsup:
The flintlock solution this CO2 unloader has seems the best to me.
If you just have in mind to use it for percussion guns then I guess each model on the market will work.

redwing said:
The others use the little weak Co2 cyls. used in air guns, useless.
Well, I don't agree with that statement completely. My little weak one has worked fine for nearly 7 years now. The cylinders can be bought at Wally World for cheap a dozen or so at a time (just make sure you're over 18 before you check out!!!), and I can get up to 5 discharges per cylinder - 3 is about the average for me. Mine doesn't seem to leak out over time, either, as I have had one cylinder installed for an extended period of time (3-4 months) and it still has power in it. You are correct, though, that all Co2 dischargers are not created equal. Maybe I just got a good one? It is one of the best accessories I keep in my shooting bag.

Yeah the only problem I have run into is the seal or gasket sometimes is out of place. Just make sure its in the right place before putting a CO2 cartridge in and you should be all set. I have gotten 4 discharges from one cartridge in a short period of time but probably average two, sometimes three.

So, I'm still confused.
Just getting old I guess.
The discharger from Cabela's?
Which mfg?

The stars sure lined up for you! I'm a strong advocate of the CO2 discharger but recently I've had nothing but trouble with the darn thing. I just couldn't get the adaptor to fit tight over the percussion nipple so I had to borrow a flint adaptor and it worked perfectly, now it's a matter of going out and buying one of those flint adaptors.

Back