• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

CO elk hunt ?'s

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well if it misfires you can say I did all I could. :thumbsup: Best of luck. :)

Larry

Sounds good to me. I hope to go on a hunt like this one day in my life, but living east of the Mississippi it's a lot of money. But it's on my bucket list. But it sounds like you have everything covered. Best of luck when the time comes and look forward to a trophy picture.

You won't regret it. The feeling I had when my caplock with T7 did not go off with that bull standing broadside in front of me was god awful and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. :thumbsup: :hatsoff:

Best of luck.

Dave

I agree with Dave 100%!!!
For what it's worth...been hunting with my buddy for 30+ years and he went away from real black powder, bought into the marketing ads and drank their coolaid...3 years running his gun went click instead of kapow...the third time was at the buck of his lifetime!
It now sits in the corner with a bulb in its barrel and we affectionately call it "lamp" :doh:
Took the fake powder outside and blew up a stump :slap:

58 caliber said:
You won't regret it. The feeling I had when my caplock with T7 did not go off with that bull standing broadside in front of me was god awful and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. :thumbsup: :hatsoff:

Best of luck.

Dave

I've shot a lot of Triple Seven in cap locks and modern muzzle loaders and have not had that problem. A "good" cap lock or modern muzzle loader will fire every time with Triple seven provided the user is smart enough to properly maintain the rifle. Some of the "cheap" rifles can be a problem with both subs and black powder. But that would be your fault for buying a poorly made rifle.

I've shot a lot of Triple Seven in cap locks and modern muzzle loaders and have not had that problem. A "good" cap lock or modern muzzle loader will fire every time with Triple seven provided the user is smart enough to properly maintain the rifle. Some of the "cheap" rifles can be a problem with both subs and black powder. But that would be your fault for buying a poorly made rifle.[/quote]

:slap: Let me see. I consider my self smart. I do not use cheap rifles and they are properly maintained. Period. :v

Dave

I shoot a TVM 54cal Leman with 95gr of ffg T7, hotshot nipples and mag caps religiously and have never had a misfire either!!! I change out nipples often at range and clean them after I'm done and usually throw a nipple after a years worth of shooting and or hunting. Still prly get less than 100-150 shots through them before they get pitched.

Back