• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Clay Smith Trade Gun Build

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now that would be a hoot ,but you gotta finish building yours cause TDM gonna beat you there lol.
I know , right ?! Done sold the one I made for myself last month !! LOL ! Its in Texas now ....They're having a shoot this weekend and I cant compete ! At least I can't embarrass myself ! LOL

This morning finished filing down the vent hole liner and checked the fit with the lock. Then I polished the trigger guard and rod thimbles. I will most likely do a slightly aged finish on all the brass, but I wanted everything evenly polished to start, I might like it. Finished sanding the stock and did the first of several damp cloth wipe downs to raise the grain. And started draw filing the barrel. Had planned to stay here 2-3 weeks, but I’ll need to drive home when my side plate and thumb plate arrive in a day or so. Schools out so my Wife has her hands full keeping 3 of the grandkids and can’t get away to bring them to me. If I get the last sanding done tomorrow I’ll try to get a coat of iron nitrate on and heated.

Attachments

• IMG_1884.jpeg
    IMG_1884.jpeg
    912.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1886.jpeg
    IMG_1886.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1895.jpeg
    IMG_1895.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1892.jpeg
    IMG_1892.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1893.jpeg
    IMG_1893.jpeg
    999.4 KB · Views: 0
This morning finished filing down the vent hole liner and checked the fit with the lock. Then I polished the trigger guard and rod thimbles. I will most likely do a slightly aged finish on all the brass, but I wanted everything evenly polished to start, I might like it. Finished sanding the stock and did the first of several damp cloth wipe downs to raise the grain. And started draw filing the barrel. Had planned to stay here 2-3 weeks, but I’ll need to drive home when my side plate and thumb plate arrive in a day or so. Schools out so my Wife has her hands full keeping 3 of the grandkids and can’t get away to bring them to me. If I get the last sanding done tomorrow I’ll try to get a coat of iron nitrate on and heated.
Damn !!! Look at that perfect touch hole !!! Wooo dawgy !!! Gonna be FAST !!/

Latest posts

Back