• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Ordered a Clay Smith Trade Gun kit

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are some pic's of my Chambers English fusil, I made it into a standing breech with keys which after doing it and the grieve it caused me maybe I should have left well alone! I had to cut the top off the breech and glue more wood on in order to get the breech to fit. The walnut stock from Barbie Chambers was beautiful!

Attachments

• IMG_0774 (1).JPG
    IMG_0774 (1).JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0772.MOV
    1.4 MB
  • IMG_0822.JPG
    IMG_0822.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0823.JPG
    IMG_0823.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0828.JPG
    IMG_0828.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0825.JPG
    IMG_0825.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
Here are some pic's of my Chambers English fusil, I made it into a standing breech with keys which after doing it and the grieve it caused me maybe I should have left well alone! I had to cut the top off the breech and glue more wood on in order to get the breech to fit. The walnut stock from Barbie Chambers was beautiful!
Beautiful Rich!

I ordered an Early English Trade Gun kit from Clay this morning. It will have a Davis lock and a 44” Rice barrel in 20 ga - .62, should have it in about 3 weeks or so. It will a 1740’s Virginia style. Looking forward to the build. My wife says this better be my last, so enjoy it!
I thought that Trade Guns were made to a somewhat standard pattern, not to, say, a Virginia or whatever state, model. Just wondering, but sounds nice!

He makes great kits . I've put a couple together. I THINK it is the Bumford style ....Man ! That wrist is TINY ! Some one as clumsy as me would have that thing wrapped in rawhide in no time ! LOL .... Post pics when you get it !
The Bumford I built couple year years for a fella ....

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1683425262694.jpg
    FB_IMG_1683425262694.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 0
  • FB_IMG_1683425232969.jpg
    FB_IMG_1683425232969.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 0
That is a beautiful gun @Rob M. but I agree, the wrist on the Bumford scares me a little.
....yeah , it was stupid tiny . Guy I built it for thought the same and sold it ....funny , it doesn't look overly tiny in the pic but it wasnt a whole lot thinker than my thumb ....

....yeah , it was stupid tiny . Guy I built it for thought the same and sold it ....funny , it doesn't look overly tiny in the pic but it wasnt a whole lot thinker than my thumb ....
I should have all my chores done and my firewood split and stacked in another couple of days or so. Then I’ll get back on my build without further interruption.

Latest posts

Back