• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Christmas present arrived today

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roundball

Cannon
Reaction score
New GM .62cal Flint smoothbore barrel arrived today...always amazed by the amount of flash rust in a new factory barrel from GM...30 minutes with many wet WD40 patches and alternating passes of a bronze bore brush in a drill motor...and the orange colored patches gradually changed to machine oil black, then gray, then finally clean...will hit it again tomorrow night to be sure its stabilized...a lot of value for the clearance sale price of $100 !

I hope to get mine anytime now!62SB cap.I hope it comes tomorrow. Making a trip back east for a couple of weeks, and I sure would like to try it out before I leave.If not, I'll have Rebel check it out to check for rust, and I know he will have to shoot it, just to make sure it's good to go. What a friend!!!! :hmm:

nw_hunter said:
I hope to get mine anytime now!62SB cap.I hope it comes tomorrow. Making a trip back east for a couple of weeks, and I sure would like to try it out before I leave.If not, I'll have Rebel check it out to check for rust, and I know he will have to shoot it, just to make sure it's good to go. What a friend!!!! :hmm:

The ramrods are space age spaghetti noodles and I suspect you'll want to replace it...

I've heard that! I have a couple of rods I made, with tip on one end threaded 10/32. I think they are 36 inches.Never know when your going to need another rod... :grin:

I got one .62 SB last spring, paid full price at that time :cursing: my barrel was spotless inside and out though. Could these reduced price barrels be some they stumbled across which were forgotten, just a thought. Wouldn't mind a .54 at that price.

Thanks RB for the GM headsup. got a .45, .50 and a .62 sb on the way. I don't think it was just some rusty barrels they were selling, instead it's
all the models that they aren't going to make anymore. They have the other barrels that are still in production but I think they are around $125, which is still a good deal.

Back