• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Christmas gift from my lovely wife!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loja man

50 Cal.
Reaction score
So I was gifted this very nice Pedersoli KENTUCKY 50 Cal pistol kit for Christmas!! Completely blew me out of water! Looking forward to finishing it!! I think it will need new sights! Show me some pictures of yours and any other thoughts on how to customize it!
8EAB9535-2FD0-4B46-89B4-AB84858250C1.jpeg

If you have the skill some modest carving would look good, as would inlays for the thimble pins.
I have the.45 version of that pistol and I didn't use the sights that came with it because they just seem too tall.

Your wife is definitely a keeper. Thats going to be a fun project and yes caplocks in that era of pistols were common, even if the pistol started life earlier on as a flintlock.

Thanks
O.R.
Yes! My wife is pretty awesome! Not just because she bought me a gun though!! She is a amazing woman and mother!

I have to agree with the sights ! I've owned about half a dozen Pedersoli pistols, and have yet to find one that I like the sights on ! I've managed to change out sights on most of them, and it sure helped....

I have to agree with the sights ! I've owned about half a dozen Pedersoli pistols, and have yet to find one that I like the sights on ! I've managed to change out sights on most of them, and it sure helped....
Do you remember what sight combo you went with?

Does your wife have an single sisters? ;)
LOL!!! No, both of her sisters are married! I got the best one out of the three though!!
She really hasn’t been interested/excited about me working on muzzleloaders. She loves that I hunt. That I can spend time in the quiet of the woods and bring home meat. That said she supports my knife making with more enthusiasm than my gun buying:) So I was blown out of the water with this gift! She said she knew I would never expect her to buy me a gun so that’s why she did it.

Do you remember what sight combo you went with?
I put different types on them, but you will have problems refitting the sights to fit the widths of the slots on the barrels. There are lots of different sights available and the only problem comes with making them fit !

So I was gifted this very nice Pedersoli KENTUCKY 50 Cal pistol kit for Christmas!! Completely blew me out of water! Looking forward to finishing it!! I think it will need new sights! Show me some pictures of yours and any other thoughts on how to customize it! View attachment 111233
You are fortunate to have found that gal! They are getting harder to find these days. Don't forget to reward her!

Latest posts

Back