• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Chinese Powder

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laffingman67

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Has anyone used this stuff? Is it consistant. A friend of mine claims it has less fowling. True or BS?

I have a chance to pick some up at a real reasonable price. That's why I was wondering.

:hatsoff:

What I used of it was almost as filthy fouling as Elephant powder I had, but would ignite better than the Elephant. However the Elephant was more accurate & more consistant.

The Chinese powder is brought into the county as fireworks Lifting powder & repackaged. There is a guy in KY that did sell it cheap, it was about $ 4-5. a pound a few years ago, but the last time I checked it was up to about $1. under Goex or Scheutzen, so I bought the Scheutzen. I know several guys that bought the Chinese powder for shotguns and they say it worked well.

Keep in mind ya usually get what ya pay for..... :hmm:

I have used the Chinese powder. It worked pretty well for me. But remember friends don't let friends use Elephant! :grin:
Brian

Since Goex is reasonably priced, works great, and is made right here is the US, I can't imagine looking at anything else. I would be more inclined to buy Goex even if it costs a bit more.
I would be upset if, like many big dept. stores, it becomes hard to find American products (like Goex) because only cheaper quality, but less expensive offshore products are sold.
Just a thought.
Larry

if you are looking to save a $ try Graf's, made by Wano. I use Goex for hunting and Grafs for plinking, can't tell any diff.

If you decide to try it, be sure and post the results.If it fails as a charge for ML's, could use it to make Roman candles, and fire crackers :v
Some people try to turn back their odometers.

Not me! I want people to know "why"

I look this way.

Lets stop buying Chinese anything, with all the recalls lately, I would be VERY worried about their gunpowder!

juice jaws said:
BE very careful handling it. I may contain lead.- :rotf:

Was thinking the same thing... you beat me to it. :grin: Powder and lead all in one easy to use package.

I worked in a farm store for many years. I was the purchaser for all the machinery parts. It always galled me to sell chinese %^$$##%. But, whenever I ordered American made chain,or sprockets, no one would pay the difference. It got to where my boss wouldn't even let me order American.I watched a 100 year old supplier slowly die off in the space of a few years because of cheap ass imports. It can happen, don't fool yourself. Buy American powder,or don't even dare gripe at me when you can't get it in a few years. :cursing:

Why save some pennys and hurt another AMERICAN buisness. I try to avoid buying from China. I would never buy Chinese powder when I can get powder made by my people AMERICANS.

I won a few cans of the stuff. The dirtiest powder I have ever used. I used it in my flint shotgun and after 5 shots it was so caked up it would not fire. I cleaned the shotgun and used Elephant powder which was much better and then I went to Goex which was even better. Gave the china stuff away and sold the rest of the Elephant.

Othern

Dicks gun shop in minerva sells Kidi for 10.00lb. My wifes uncle tried it and it did ok. 80grs was equal to 90 of prodex. There all dirty. Its 5miles to minerva,70miles to Lodi for Geox and gas is 3.15 a gal. I am going to get some. Dilly

HalfMoonRanger said:
Has anyone used this stuff? Is it consistant. A friend of mine claims it has less fowling. True or BS?

I have a chance to pick some up at a real reasonable price. That's why I was wondering.

:hatsoff:

Well, if it has less fowling, I won't be using it for bird hunting. :grin:

Actually, never tried it, but have heard some guys really like it.

Back