• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD Chiapa 1862 Richmond Carbine

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No worries I just edited the posting and added the info. I have removed the tang screw to clean the barrel. The only issue I had was removing the front barrel band it was really tight. So I sanded down thr barrel channel to make it fit properly. It’s a nice rifle musket, I am selling it because I am was originally going to use it for competition but I am now using my 1853 Enfield with a Whitacre barrel for competition shoots.

No worries I just edited the posting and added the info. I have removed the tang screw to clean the barrel. The only issue I had was removing the front barrel band it was really tight. So I sanded down thr barrel channel to make it fit properly. It’s a nice rifle musket, I am selling it because I am was originally going to use it for competition but I am now using my 1853 Enfield with a Whitacre barrel for competition shoots.
Hello, Again.....Is there only a single sling swivel on your carbine?

What is your opinion of the glossy finish of the stock? Do you like/not like? I don't think it is much authentic.
Thanks

There is another sling swivel I took it off to shoot off of a bench rest. I do not think the glossy finish is historically accurate. It looks nice tho.

Hello Again......When you had the new front sight installed, is it in the correct location for N-SSA S.A.C. approval?
I think that the card specifies it to be at 24" +/- .25". Thanks.

Don't know if you saw my last question, about your carbine........apologies, if you have.......

Hello Again......When you had the new front sight installed, is it in the correct location for N-SSA S.A.C. approval?
I think that the card specifies it to be at 24" +/- .25". Thanks.

Sorry for the late reply I just got home from work. I’m not sure what point you are supposed measure from but I took these picks for you. I measured from the end of the breech to the muzzle.

Attachments

• A44AAF0D-FA45-40C5-8296-717E6DF42B02.jpeg
    A44AAF0D-FA45-40C5-8296-717E6DF42B02.jpeg
    75.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 08533C1C-EC02-42B0-AFE8-0CA73825058F.jpeg
    08533C1C-EC02-42B0-AFE8-0CA73825058F.jpeg
    78.4 KB · Views: 17
Back