• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Cherry Girl in full dress

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stumpkiller

That Other Moderator
Staff member
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Just received more images on my Lehigh. She's going to be test fired and final tuned tomorrow!

cherry33.jpg

cherry23.jpg

Cherry19.jpg

:: That's a beautiful gun stumpkiller; if it turns out that you don't want it , my address is ....................................oops! gota go the wife's looking over my shoulder :crackup:
Soggy

That is a nice lookin weapon ,,,,

Tain't a weapon until you point it at abody, until then its a utensil, and a darn fine lookin one at thet!! :blue: :grey:

Just :m2c:

Certainly looks as if it was worth the wait. Beautiful rifle! I like the way he did the detail work, fits the rifle well. Would like to see a close-up of the figure just ahead of the triggerguard. Happy Shooting! :front:

Stumpy,
I know that feeling about waiting...We have all
been thru it most likely i know i have. She's a beauty
and will be well worth the wait i'm sure.
snake-eyes :thumbsup:

Claypipe
Tain't a weapon until you point it at abody, until then its a utensil,

hmmmmmm,,,

Would like to see a close-up of the figure just ahead of the triggerguard.

I can do that.

LibertyonCherry.jpg

Some say it's an Indian head. Others, myself among them, think its a bust of Liberty wearing a Liberty Cap. The latter makes more sense to me when you consider the climate of the times. There are only two signed J.Rupp rifles (one is a smooth-rifle). Not bad business sense when the outcome of the Revolution was much in question. Many and only Lehighs have this incised "Folk-art" head.

I've had a couple "discreet" mentions that she may "kick like a mule." Looks can be deceiving. The buttplate is wide on the early Lehigh/Allentown/Bethlehem/Northampton rifles - it's a full 2" wide on Cherry. The barrel is 44" long and a "C" profile in .54 cal. She'll suck up most if the recoil with my conservative loads, and the wide butt will spread it out a bit.

But you don't want to go for a maximum load in any Lehigh.

Another "glamour" shot.
CherrysGuard.jpg

The elder John Rupp ended his moulding inside the guard rail. Moll & Herman Rupp & the younger John Rupp (nephew) ended it farther back and worked it into where the rear guard foot attaches. It's like a last hold-out of the Jaeger "hump" on the butt-stock.

Now RiverRat, what's this about white smoke, hot lead and cold Yuenglings? :agree: :front:

WOW, I'm jealous...very beautiful, Maybe too nice to shoot :crackup: :crackup:

Claypipe
Tain't a weapon until you point it at abody, until then its a utensil,

hmmmmmm,,,

Must be an echo in here, yup, thets what I done said. A weapon is an instrument used for fighting. A utensil is a tool or piece of equipment used to do something. In this case its major purpose is game getter. It can also be a source of ignition for fire.

But, any utensil, for the most part, can become a weapon. Example, in Robin Hood, Men in Tights, "I'm going to cut your heart out with a spoon!" "A spoon, cousin?" "Because, it will hurt more!"

Just :m2c:

Claypipe

Must be an echo in here, yup, thets what I done said. A weapon is an instrument used for fighting. A utensil is a tool or piece of equipment used to do something.

Ahhhh, terminology,,, to each his own,,

First time I've stopped into the photo section since last year and I see this pretty rifle of yours Stumpy...very nice!!

Do you get it for show, shootin', or huntin'?

Latest posts

Back