• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Cheap gun rack

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fw707

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I spent a couple of hours in the shop last night and made a simple rack for the ML guns. Nothing fancy, and it cost less than $30 for the wood.

Thanks sniper68 for the idea! :hatsoff:

IMG_0192.jpg

IMG_0194.jpg

I note that the rifles are righthanded...curious to ask if you wear your pouch & horn on your left side?

Thanks everybody.
I found some 1x4x48" finish sanded strips of red oak at Lowes and used 1/2" oak dowel rods for the pegs. I attached it to the wall with 4 3" drywall screws in each strip so it's pretty sturdy. Nothing fancy for sure, but it gets the guns out of the corners and keeps everything in one spot where it's easy to find.

roundball, I'm right-handed and I carry my pouch on my left side. :wink:

I have been lookign at doing similar rack this winter but have been trying to figure out how to lock it. Any ideas?

Thanks
Foster

The only thing I can think of would be a hinged strip that runs top to bottom along the hangers on the stock side of the rack and locks at the top or bottom.
Probably wouldn't do a lot of good against a thief, but it would keep youngsters from taking the guns off the rack.

Back